Sharing... A Common Room?

This all belongs to JK except the plot and Braylynn. Do I really have to keep saying it?

Chapter 3- Sharing... A Common Room?

Remus left the Great Hall with Alice Prewett, the other Gryffindor prefect, and all of the first years in tow. However, his prefect duties were not on his mind; the new Seventh year was.

            He silently led the pack while Alice explained the moving staircases and the easiest route to the common room. Usually, Remus Lupin was not a paranoid person. Tonight as he walked through the silent, dim hallways, he could feel eyes watching his every move.

            The horde of first years, Remus, and Alice finally reached the portrait of the Fat Lady, the guardian of Gryffindor Tower.

            “Password? Oh, hello Remus!” the Fat Lady knew the Marauders well and was always willing to let them in at any hour.

            “Reflections,” Remus’ voice was very clear despite not talking since leaving the Great Hall. The Fat Lady admitted them with a smile.

________________________________________________________________________

            After the feast, Lily and James met with Professor Dumbledore about their select duties as Head Boy and Girl.

            “You have to set patrols for the prefects,” Dumbledore stated with a smile, “organize the trips to Hogsmeade Village, and plan all school events, not including the Quidditch matches.”

            “Professor, that all sounds great but I have one-“ Lily was cut off by a less then patient James Potter.

            “Where are we supposed to do all of this? The Gryffindor Common Room is too crowded for such meetings and we can’t allow other houses to enter,” James rushed through his question/ explanation, earning a glare of disapproval from Lily.

            Dumbledore laughed at James’ question and Lily’s expression. “I’m guessing that was your question, Ms. Evans?” she nodded with a slight blush and the old man continued. “Well, the answer to your question is very simple. You’ll complete these tasks in the comfort of the Head’s Dormitory, which is located on the third floor behind the portrait of the wolf, dog, and stag in the moonlight. So, tata!” he swished away in his midnight robes, leaving them gaping.

            “Sharing… a dorm… with Potter?” Lily sputtered as her eyes grew large. She realized that James was still in the corridor with her and she straightened herself. “So, Potter. Are you ready to- HEY! Come back here!”

            James took off running through the corridors towards the portrait on the third floor. It took him a few minutes, even with the running, and Lily was on his tail the whole time.

            He gaped at the portrait guarding their new common room and pulled out a thin, rectangular mirror. “Sirius Black! Get your arse here now!” he shouted into the mirror as he fought to catch his breath.

            “James, what are you-” Lily was cut off by the mocking voice of Sirius Black… coming out of the mirror.

            “You rang, airy fairy?” Sirius’ voice filled Lily’s ears and she was instantly suspicious.

            “Padfoot, bring Moony down to the third floor. Look for me and Evans. We have a major problem.” James’ eyes blazed as he ordered his best mate around. “Hurry, anal buccaneer!!”

            “At your whim, Prongsie,” Sirius left the mirror after a sarcastic comment to James.

            “James! What in the bloody hell is that thing?”  Lily screeched, looking at the two-way mirror in James’ hand.