A Very Shocked Sirius

All characters (except Brayelynn) are JK Rowling’s. Oh, the plot’s mine too J

Chapter 4~ A Very Shocked Sirius

            Brayelynn woke up to be the only girl in the Seventh Year Gryffindor dorm. It was the first day of classes and she was nervous beyond belief. Her NEWT classes were training her to be a Healer and they were some of the toughest classes out there.

            After she got dressed, she headed down to the Great Hall to eat and pick up her schedule. Brayelynn was walking to her secluded spot at the end of the table when a strong arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her into a seat.

            “Hello, love,” Sirius smirked while Brayelynn glared at him. “You’re not going to be a loner today. You’re sitting with us, Lily, and Alice.”

            Sirius finished his reprimand/ invitation by piling mounds of food onto his plate. Brayelynn took two slices of toast and pulled out her Arithmancy book to review what she last learned at Beauxbatons.

            “Used to overcome obstacles…” she muttered in between bites of toast. “Interprets- SIRIUS!” she abruptly stopped talking to herself because Sirius had grabbed her book and tossed it to James. “Give it back, you tosser!”

            James smirked. “You’ll learn that reading anything –sans mail- is prohibited when you’re sitting with us, love. Moony here has lost more books that way than Sirius and I have read put together!”

            “So that’ll be one, James?” asked Brayelynn as Lily grabbed the book from James’ lap and got up to leave. “See you! I’ve got to get to Defense!” with that she quickly exited the Great Hall with Lily, leaving the Marauders speechless.

            “Prongs…” drawled Sirius, awestruck by the nerve of the new girl. “I think I’m in love.”

            James, Peter, and Alice cracked up laughing at Sirius’ face while Remus sullenly got up and left the table to go to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

________________________________________________________________________

            Brayelynn and Lily had just taken two seats near the center of the classroom when Remus waltzed in and sat in the seat next to Brayelynn.

            “Hullo Rem! Where are the rest of James’ bum boys?” Lily questioned with a smirk.

            “They’re still in the Great Hall eating. James is probably laughing his arse off at Sirius because he told us that he was in love this morning. Cue my coming here,” Remus answered as vaguely as possible.

            Before Brayelynn could ask Remus whom Sirius had fallen in love with, the rest of the Marauders ran into the room, grabbing the desk behind Lily, Brayelynn, and Remus.

            “Muh-hoony!” Sirius shouted at his sandy haired friend. “Sitting with birds? Traitor…”

            Remus sighed and promptly gave Sirius the finger, showing that he was not to be messed with this morning. That is, until Severus Snape, Narcissa Black, and Rabastan Lestrange walked into the room and took the open seats in front of Remus, Lily, and Brayelynn.

            “Excellent…” murmured James. “Snivelly and his little gang of misfit Slytherins.”

            Snape heard James and turned around to retort, but instead of meeting “manly” hazel eyes, his black orbs met highly feminine, celery-green eyes.