Halloween... Mischief?

This all belongs to J.K. Rowling…. Except the characters you don’t recognize and the plot J

Chapter 6- Halloween… Mischief?

            The first month at Hogwarts flew by for Brayelynn and the Marauders. After the attack on the first day of lessons, everything had become calm, almost welcoming, in the Gryffindor common room. Lily and James were inseparable; she refused to leave his side during Head duties and in lessons she always sat beside him and Sirius. Sirius was still a big prankster and player, but he had calmed down. To Brayelynn he was sweet, funny, and protective; he had quickly become one of her best friends. Remus had been the closest to her since the day she told her story. You never saw Remus without Brayelynn, but they weren’t a couple: always friends, never more. Peter remained unnoticed by everyone but the Marauders. To them, he was still the same quiet, fidgety, boy he has been for six years.

            Now, the six Gryffindors were lounging in the Head’s Dormitory discussing the plans for the Halloween dance.

            “Should it be masquerade or formal?” Lily asked as her neat handwriting filled a piece of parchment with their ideas.

            “Masquerade!” James, Sirius, and Brayelynn answered in sync, as always.

            “The dance is in two weeks with no Hogsmeade visit in between, Lil. There’s no way anyone could get a formal in that amount of time,” Brayelynn reasoned with Lily. “We have tons of items here in Hogwarts that can be transfigured to make masks.”

            “Braye has a point, Lily,” said Sirius while he was levitating James’s glasses. “Masquerades provide more fun too. You never know who you’re dancing with.”

            Ok, masquerade it is!” Lily announced gleefully. “James… what are you doing?”

            Brayelynn looked at the Head Boy to see him hanging upside down and flailing for his glasses. Sirius and Remus were snickering from their spots on the floor while Peter was trying to balance a spoon on his nose.

            “PADFOOT! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU IF I’M NOT PUT DOWN THIS-“ James fell to the floor with a loud thump and sent birds flying at Sirius.

            “It- wasn’t- me- you- WANKER! Call the bloody birds off!” Sirius screamed in a girly voice.

            Remus looked at the two friends and lost control. He was howling with laughter when he finally came out with the truth. “James- Stop. It was me that flipped you upside down.”

            The room grew stone silent. “REMUS!!” James shouted before tackling him.

            “Our boys,” Lily giggled. “Can’t live with ‘em, don’t have fun without ‘em.”

________________________________________________________________________

^^**forward to the night of the dance**^^