chapter 3 ~general pov~ wake up, stupid.

Maka's lips were a bit cold as soul kissed her. Soul put his hand against her cheek as his lips pressed against hers, softly.

Soul slowly pulled away from Maka. "She'll never know... how I feel..." Soul thought as his bright red eyes opened. He looked at Maka, still motionless. "She doesn't feel the same way..." he whispered to himself and shook his head. Soul glanced over at Maka and held her hand. "Wake up, stupid..." Soul whispered.

Soul dozed off next to Maka, leaning on the couch, gently holding her hand. Maka's green eyes opened slowly to see Soul asleep and holding her hand. She blushed a bit and looked around. She was home. She slowly sat up and winced as she felt a sharp pain on her stomach. Maka accidentally squeezed Soul's hand and he slowly opened his eyes.

"Maka! Your awake!" Soul exclaimed as he made Maka lay back down. "Are you ok?" He asked as he titled his head waiting for an answer. "Yeah... I'm fine." Maka said. "That's cool... I was worried for a minute there." He sighed. He looked up to see Maka and smiled a bit. "We've been through worse, Soul... don't worry about it..." she sighed. "Maka... I always worry about you... idiot." He smiled as he gently tapped her forehead. Maka blushed slightly and looked away. "Do you need anything?" Soul asked. She shook her head. "I'm fine... thank you." she closed her eyes.

"Ok then..." Soul sighed and walked to the kitchen. Maka opened her eyes and looked at her blood stained gloves, neatly set on the table. She didn't even want to see her wound. She remembered about the time Soul had taken a hit from Crona... He now has a huge scar across his chest. She shut her eyes tightly. "It was my fault... if I wasn't so weak... he wouldn't have gone through all the pain caused by my mistake." She thought. She didn't want to cry in front of Soul so she took a deep breath and opened her eyes.

"I got you some water...." Soul said as he put the glass on the table. "By the way your wound.... it's gonna close up really soon so don't worry about it. It's not gonna leave a scar or anything. You were passed out for like two hours." He said as he sat in a chair next to Maka. She nodded. "Thank you..." she whispered. Soul looked at her. "oh... no problem..." he replied.

Soul walked away and went to his room. He gently placed his hand on his scar. "Is she still bothered by this?" Soul whispered to himself. He sighed and his hand fell to his side. "I would die for her... not only because she's my partner... because, I love her." He thought. He blushed a bit and shook his head. "So not cool... " he said to himself noticing that he was blushing.