Trust Issues

The next morning, Padmé awoke from a long sleep. She opened her eyes, looking around her bedroom.

Realizing where she was and the fact that she didn't walk in there herself, her stomach dropped in embarrassment. Anakin must've carried her in there when they got back to Theed.

She sat up and climbed out of bed, walking over to her closet to change into new day clothes. She looked down at her outfit now, thinking it was the blue dress she wore before, but she was in her white nightgown. Oh no, she thought.

Running out of her room and into the one Anakin was staying in and still laying in bed, she pulled the covers off of him and crossed her arms, glaring at him.

"Hey!" he exclaimed. Anakin pulled the covers back over him and turned over, closing his eyes again.

Padmé sat on the edge of his bed and leaned over, pulling his Padawan braid until he cried out in pain, turned back over to look at her.

"What was that for?" he asked, rubbing his the part of his scalp from where his braid came from.

"Did you change my clothes while I was sleeping?"

"What? No!"

"Tell the truth, Flirtboy."

"Flirtboy? Listen, Padmé, I know you're aware of how I feel about you, but I would never change you. I mean, your clothes." Anakin got up and pulled on his robe, looking back around at her. "I laid you back in bed last night, and your sister changed you so would be more comfortable. And when she was doing that, I was not in there. Don't even ask about that."

Padmé, once more humiliated, blushed, her cheeks turning a bright pink. "Well, I'm sorry for calling you out on something you didn't do," she apologized, waltzing towards the door.

Anakin took her by the shoulder, but didn't turn her around. "Can you just learn to trust me?"

Padmé let out a breath, shaking her head. "I do trust you."

"Well, not enough." He let go of her shoulder, letting his hand fall to his side. "Especially not enough for the fact that I'm your protector."

Padmé considered this, standing there and thinking about it. He was right. She definitely did not trust him enough. But why not?

She walked back to her room to get ready for the day, still humiliated with herself about the fact that she convicted Anakin of undressing her, which he did not do, and being called out by him about not trusting him. She really needed to work on some things, like how to communicate correctly with boys. Or maybe she just needed to work on trust overall.