Secrets To Be Told

That morning, Anakin was awoken by a light shake to his shoulder. He opened his eyes and looked up to see Padmé standing over him, beaming.

Just as he thought.

"What time is it?" Anakin asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Seven thirty."

Anakin shook his head, smiling. "Is this the time you're going to make me up every morning now?"

"Maybe."

Anakin laughed and reached up, tugging at a loose curl of Padmé's hair. "I've never seen your hair loose before. I like it."

"Thank you." Padmé leaned down and kissed Anakin's forehead. "We should do something today."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Go somewhere."

"When are we going to get married?"

"Soon. You just proposed," Padmé said, laughing.

"I know, Padmé, but I left without telling Obi-Wan the real truth. We need to get married."

"Ani!"

"What else could I do, Padmé? How about tomorrow? Oh, wait... you have to get your dress. The day after that?"

"I guess..."

"What, Angel?"

"I don't know. What about guests?"

"Guests?" Anakin asked, appalled. "It's a secret."

Padmé sat down beside Anakin and laced her fingers through his. "I know, but... my parents won't tell."

"Padmé, they already have a good impression of me. I don't want to change that."

Padmé glared at Anakin.

"Okay. We're going to your parents' house, then."