9- Bad to worse

Erin's POV

I was dressed in my Ralph Lauren long sleeves shirt, my jeggins and my pink pumps, ready to go to Pizza express with James. My hair was done in a neat waterfall braid and I had a red lip makeup look on. 

I was at the front door and I was waiting for Dad. Why was he taking so long? 

I went upstairs to Emilia's room to see if he was playing with the kids but he wasn't there either.

-

"Where's Daddy?" I asked my siblings as they were all playing with barbies and avengers figures.

"Daddy is in his office and Mummy is doing a workout" Emilia responded.

"Workout?" I asked confused. "But its the weekend, Mum never does a workout on the weekend?!"

Emilia then shrug her shoulders and I left the room. Curiously, I snuck downstairs to Dad's office.

I slowly knocked on the door.

"Come in" Dad mumbled.

I pushed the door slightly and entered Dad's office, or man cave as I like to call it. I hate Dad's man cave as it is very messy. Socks, hoodies, pyjamas, controllers, cameras and other random stuff are everywhere. The blanket on the sofa is always messy, there are loads of empty mugs of coffee on the coffee table and chocolate bar wrappers all over the place. Dad wasn't in his usual place at his surprisingly tidy desk, he was on his sofa on his back looking up to the ceiling. 

"Dad?" 

"Yeah" He replied half-heartedly.

"You okay?" I asked as I walked towards him.

"Uh...yeah" Dad said quickly as he sat up. He was in a red jumper and a beanie. His chin was covered in beard and he looked so tired. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked as if he had been crying.

"Dad.....whats up?" I asked really concerned. 

"Nothing princess" He responded and headed for the door.

"Where you going?" I pondered. 

"Taking you to Pizza Express" Dad replied and took my hand up the stairs.

"Dad please tell me whats wrong?" I demanded softly.

"Nothing!" Dad bellowed. "Just leave it please"

My eyes pricked with tears. I hate it when Mum or Dad shout at me as it is very rare.

Dad and I then hopped in the car and we started to drive. We were both in utter silence listening to Pillow Talk by Zayn.  Dad seriously didn't care about the cuss words in it. I felt horrible.

We then arrived and I jumped out.

Before I closed the door I muttered: 'I'm sorry Dad, I love you"

"I love you to" He replied and smiled slightly. I closed the door and let out a sigh of relief.

James then met me outside of Pizza Express and we went inside.

-

"Are you ok? James asked as the man asked for our orders.

"Yeah" I mumbled.

"You can tell me anything you know" He comforted.

"I know but I'm fine" I smiled and took a sip of my Diet Coke.

James nodded awkwardly and got his phone out.

"Who yaaa texting?" I asked as you do.

"Hope" 

"Oh" I replied.

"Whats up? I'm allowed to text one of my best mates" James retaliated. 

"I know" I defended.

"Sorry" We both said at the same time. 

Our pizzas then arrived and we ate them in silence.

Awkward. 

This day has gone from bad to worse.

Hi friends :) sorry this chapter was a bit confusing. I wonder why Jonathan was crying?? I guess you'll have to wait to find out

Steph x