Home

The small monster's name was Asriel, and he was the son of King Asgore and Queen Toriel, the rulers of the Underground.

During the short walk from the flower patch to Asriel's home, they learned that monsters had been trapped down here because humans feared what a monster could do with a human soul. But, the war could hardly be called a war, no humans were killed, and many monsters were turned to dust. They finally gave up and were sealed underground for a long time.

Chara and Frisk both agreed that just wasn't right.

But Chara's opinion on humanity differed greatlyt from Frisk's. They believed humanity was not worth their time, and developed a hatred for humanity.

Frisk believed that humanity, when scared, will do horrible things. They believed if they were to think before they began to act, and talked before they fought, they would have realized that a monster had a very slim chance of ever defeating a human.

Toriel and Asgore were surprised a human had fallen down into the underground, but they wished no harm upon them. Since Asriel, Chara, and Frisk became such good friends the two adopted them, and raised them as if they were their own flesh and blood.

Toriel helped Chara learn how to read and write, and helped Frisk continue the education they would miss from the Surface.

Asgore let them both help in the garden with him and Asriel, and they grew a beautiful garden of roses, lillies, and even began to grow fruits and vegetables.

The other monsters of the Underground were filled with the hope, and life became much happier for almost everyone.

...

About a year later...

"Hey, Frisk? Where did everyone else go? I wanted to show them something." Chara looked up from the coloring book they had doodled onto the inside of the covers of.

"...Huh? Oh, show me. What did you draw, lemme see first!" Frisk said, excited. Chara's drawings were always very pretty to Frisk, and they interested everybody else too, with all the colors they used.

The drawing appeared to be of their family. Asgore and Toriel were holding hands, little pink hearts were drawn around them, Asriel, Chara and Frisk all looked like they were laughing. Of course at the very top corner of the page... There was the sun with sunglasses on.

"Hehehehe. This is awesome!" Frisk giggled.
Chara shrugged. "They don't call me master artist for no reason, yknow?" Chara boasted. Frisk playfully punched them in the arm.

"They don't call you that at all, silly!"

"They do too!"

"Do not."

"Do too!"

"I bet you two cookies not!"

Chara fell silent. " Fine, they don't... But they should!"

Frisk laughed for a little bit. "Well, where are they anyways?"

"That's what I was asking earlier, dummy."

"Well then let's go find them." Frisk headed down the stairs of the bedroom they shared with Asriel.

They eventually found them in the kitchen downstairs. Asriel was helping Asgore put up decorations, and Toriel was taking a pie out of the oven. "Oh no, we were just about to come and get you. The surprise is ruined!" Asriel whined.

"What's going on?" Chara asked.
Frisk loomed equally as confused.

"Well, it's been a year since you two showed up here, it's kind of like a birthday party..." Asriel explained.

"But instead, we're celebrating the day you two came here." Toriel continued.

"The day you two became part of our family, and the hope of all monsters underground." Asgore finished the explanation.

Asriel tugged on Toriels dress. "C-can I give them their gifts now?" He asked.

"I don't see why not, sure." Toriel replied with a bright smile. "The pie will take a little while to cool, so enjoy opening the gifts for right now."

(Chapter end.)
A/N : Wow I'm so sorry this took so long to make, I've been busy with my borthday, school, and moving to a new house... Also just being flat-out lazy.
Sorry guys! I'll make it up to you somehow, soon!
I'm working on the next chapter as you're reading this.
February 19th 2016
12:31 AM/PM?
It's the afternoon, fuck it.