II

𝙅𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙤𝙣 𝙀𝙧𝙖𝙁𝙚𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 15, 1732𝙏'𝙖𝙚𝙗𝙖𝙚𝙠 𝙈𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨

𝙅𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙤𝙣 𝙀𝙧𝙖
𝙁𝙚𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 15, 1732
𝙏'𝙖𝙚𝙗𝙖𝙚𝙠 𝙈𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨

A group of royal guards led by Prince Yi Yung were hunting in the T'aebaek Mountains.

They halted when Yi Yung signaled his men to stop, for he saw a wild boar a few meters from their spot. Riding from his black stallion, he readied his bow and arrow. He was going to release it when suddenly an unexpected arrow hit the boar on its forehead.

They stood on guard while preparing their bow and swords in case there were enemies lurking on the thick mountains, but were astounded when they saw a petite figure approaching the dead animal. 

Their jaws dropped when they realized it was a young woman wearing a beautiful hanbok that indicates her status as a noble. A bow was hung on her shoulder which contradicts her outfit. 

Her beauty was beyond description for they haven't seen such beauty in their whole life. They just stared at her angelic face. Her skin was as white as snow and without blemish, her long-black hair was tightly braided and cascaded with beautiful ornaments. 

Prince Yi Yung gazed at the celestial being before him, but fixed his eyes to her cherry-red lips. His heart stopped when the young woman stared at him with widened eyes. Indeed, she's very beautiful even when surprised. He quickly changed his amazement towards the girl with a cold and angry look.

"What are you doing here? Do you not know that this area is for royalties only?" He said while staring straight into her eyes with coldness that caused his men to shiver in fear. The young woman immediately bowed down as a sign of respect upon realizing his status.

"Your Highness, forgive me for my ignorance. I wasn't aware that this area is for royalties only. Please forgive this humble servant and accept the wild deer as a gift." Yi Yung descended from his horse and approached the young woman.

"What are you doing in these mountains? And who are you? I can see in your outfit that you're a young woman of noble birth. Someone like you should be in your house learning how to sew and doing things a woman is expected to do, not hunting." The prince said arrogantly.

"Your Highness, I will answer as you have asked. My name is Min Yewon, daughter of the Right State Councilor. I am here because I love hunting. Being a woman doesn't mean that all you have to do is to just sit down and learn to sew. There's no such law that forbids women from hunting and doing things that you said only men can do." She said, still bowing.

"How dare you answer the prince like that?! Do you want to be punished?!" Says one of the royal guards. He was about to approach the said girl, but the prince held up his right hand to stop him..

"Stand up." The prince ordered. 

Min Yewon stood up with downcast eyes, but the prince lifted her chin and stared at her eyes then to her lips. Unexpectedly, he crashed his lips on hers. His men gasped with surprise at the sight before them. Yewon tried to stop the prince. She struggled, but he was way too strong. He only stopped when they were both out of breath.

Without any hesitation, Min Yewon slapped him hard on his right cheek and ran away from them. Prince Yi Yung just smirked and turned his attention to his men like nothing had happened earlier. "Let's go back to the palace."

His men followed him reluctantly because of what they had just witnessed. He ascended towards his horse thinking about the kiss and smirked once again. 'You'll be mine, Min Yewon.'

After 3 years, I decided to republish this story here

After 3 years, I decided to republish this story here. It's edited, but not much, so be warned. Thanks a lot for reading though ❤️

With love,