1장: The Royal Banquet (Edited)

"Young Miss, please wake up."

Min Yewon slowly opened her eyes and groaned as she covered her face with her left arm because of the sunlight. After a while, she sat up in her bed while rubbing away the sleepiness in her eyes.

"Young Miss, your bath is ready. Your mother, Lady Min, says you need to prepare now because the tailor is here." Upon hearing her maidservant's words, Min Yewon scowled.

"Why do I have to go to the palace tonight? Can't I just stay here?" She said with an irritated voice.

"I'm sorry, Young Miss, but you have to go to the palace because it has been decreed by His Majesty that all of the official's family must come to celebrate the Crown Prince's birthday."
She rolled her eyes and stood up stretching her arms.

Min Yewon hates parties. She doesn't even want to have tea parties with the other noble ladies. She would rather stay in her room to read books or practice archery and sword fighting than to mingle with them.

"Arrgh! I hate parties!" She said while following her maidservant towards the bathroom.

Jinhee, Yewon's personal maidservant, assisted her in taking off her clothes and loosening her raven-black hair that stops right in her waistline. She quickly plunged herself into the warm water letting Jinhee scrub her delicate skin with a smooth cloth while smelling the sweet aroma.

On the other hand, in the palace, everyone was busy preparing for the banquet.

Tables were filled with different kinds of delicacies, and the musicians and dancers were rehearsing for their performances in the evening.

Hours had passed, it was already seven in the evening.

The once empty tables are now occupied with the officials, ranking from the highest to the lowest together with their families.

The Royal Banquet Hall was filled with laughter and music. The different colors of the women's wonsam and the uniforms of the officials made the hall look more lively and beautiful like a rainbow in the sky.

However, on the other side of the banquet hall, a frowning Lord Min was observed with his wife.

"Where is she? Why is that daughter of yours always late? And where is her brother too?" said Lord Min with a displeased tone.

"Husband, please understand our daughter. You know she has to look very beautiful tonight because all of the royal family will be here. As for your son, he's with the other noble children." She whispered to her husband while smiling in order to avoid gossip from the other nobles surrounding them. "Just wait and see. She'll be the most beautiful lady in this banquet." She added with a victorious smile.

Her husband took a sip of liquor while nodding in approval to her. Minutes passed by, the door suddenly opened announcing the arrival of their daughter.

A beautiful figure emerged from the narrow and majestic door. She walked with effortless grace and fascinating beauty that made everyone from the hall stop what they were doing and stare at the beauty before them.

Men gaped at her while women stared at her with a sharp pang of jealousy. Her yellow wonsam sewn with beautiful designs and pink chima compliments her fair skin and cherry-red lips. Her braided hair was fitted with golden ornaments and a red daenggi and baetssi daenggi.

Everyone continued to stare at her, but was unfortunately interrupted with an announcement.

"His Majesty and his family have arrived! Everyone, bow down!"

No one remained standing. Everyone bowed down as a respect to the King and the Royal family. All was present except for the birthday celebrant. When the royalties are seated into their respective chairs right in the middle of the hall, everyone settles down too.

The Queen roamed her eyes all over the hall, but immediately stopped her gaze towards Min Yewon. Her beauty caught her attention. "Court Lady Choi, come here."

"Yes, Your Majesty? What can I do for you?"

"Who is that beautiful girl down there? Is that the daughter of the Right State Councilor?" Court Lady Choi examined Min Yewon and then nodded to the Queen to answer her question.

"Yes, Your Majesty. She is the daughter of Lord Min." The Queen turned her attention towards her husband. "Your Majesty, what do you think of the Right State Councilor's daughter? Isn't she perfect as the Crown Prince's wife?" She said while staring at the girl whom they are talking about.

"My Queen, you've made the right choice. Not only is she beautiful but she was also extremely bright and intelligent and came from an aristocratic family which is perfect for the Crown Prince." The Queen nodded as an approval.

"The Crown Prince is now eighteen and he's at the right age for marriage. Isn't it time for the Crown Princess Selection, Your Majesty?"

"Indeed it is, if that's what you want so be it, My Queen. In order to secure the throne with an heir." Said the King while smiling at his wife.

"By the way, Court Lady Choi, where is the Crown Prince? Why is he not here?"

"He's still preparing for the banquet, Your Majesty." The Queen nodded and once again looked at Min Yewon with great interest.

" The Queen nodded and once again looked at Min Yewon with great interest