2장: The Second Meeting (Edited)

Min Yewon mentally scolded herself for being bad in directions. Now she's lost in this enormous palace.

She has been wandering in these maze-like place for an hour already. Her foot was throbbing painfully and her legs were aching.

An hour ago, she excused herself and went to the bathroom but she got lost and she had no one to ask for directions because everyone was in The Banquet Hall for the banquet.

She stopped and rested for a while on the stairs of a beautiful residence. She wandered her eyes in the ambient before her but something caught her attention - the sign. It states "Donggung Palace", her eyes widened when she realized she's in the Crown Prince's residence.

She quickly got up without paying attention to her aching feet. She ran speedily thinking that she might run across the arrogant prince, but was startled when she accidentally bumped into someone.

They were outbalanced and eventually they're both in the ground. She was on top of him. Her mouth hangs open and she hastily got up when she realized who she bumped with. "I-I'm sorry, Your Highness, for my clumsiness." She bowed her head and started walking with difficulty but she stopped when he caught hold of her arm.

"Where do you think you are going? Your foot needs medication. Come with me." He said without looking. She bit her lip. "Your Highness, please don't mind me. I'm okay."

"Stop thinking about what happened a year ago Yewon-na, I'm still very young at that time and I don't know what I'm doing. And besides, I'm in love with someone else. Just take it as a friendly offer."

"I'm really ok- Ahh! Your Highness, please put me down! Someone might see us!" She said while Yi Yung carried her in a bridal style. "Why are you so stubborn? Can't you just accept my offer and obey me?" He said, still carrying her towards his quarters.

"Please put me down, Your Highness! I can walk on my own."

"No, I'm not putting you down until we reach my quarters." She squirmed and tried to get out of his hold but she eventually stopped because it was of no use. He was way too strong and she's afraid that she might fall to the ground.

Finally, they arrived in his quarters. Yi Yung put her down and immediately took medicine for her swollen feet.

He took her right foot and started treating it with a medicine that is very soothing. "Aww... please be gentle, Your Highness."

"Why aren't you in the banquet hall? And how did you get here anyway? This place is way too far from the hall. We're in the east while the banquet hall is located in the west." She stared at him wide-eyed.

"R-Really? Aiish... Why am I so bad in directions?" He laughed and shook his head. "Hey, don't laugh at me!" She said while pinching his cheeks which made the poor prince groan in pain.

"I've carried you and treated your swollen foot and this is how you repay me? Tsk. Tsk." She didn't answer and just stared at him while he treated her.

It gave her time to observe him and then she realized he was indeed very handsome.

He had a very sturdy build even though he's just eighteen, his eyes are black like a night sky and he had a thick black eyebrow. 'No wonder he was very popular with girls', she said to herself.

"Stop staring." He said without looking at her. Her cheeks turned bright red with his remark. "It's done. Why don't you try to walk? Here. Let me help you." He helped her get up and then assisted her from walking.

"T-Thank you, Your Highness."

"Please, just call me by my name. There's no need for formalities." He gave her a sincere smile. "You're always welcome. Friends?" He extended his right hand for a hand shake which she accepted wholeheartedly.

"Friends."