3장: Her Fate (Edited)

In the Min household, metal clashing from each other was heard. It was Min Yewon and her uncle who were fighting with their swords. Her way of fighting was excellent which made her a very hard opponent. The sun was shining brightly and the heat was intolerable so they decided to stop for a while and rest.

"Well, that was a wonderful fight, Yewon-na." He said while a servant served them some refreshments. Min Yewon smiled at him.

"You know it's my greatest dream to become the best swordsman in the entire Joseon, Uncle." He looked at her with a sad expression. "I'm sorry, Yewon-na, I cannot do anything for you. I am just a Minister of Rites, not a king. If only I could change the law."

Yewon shook her head and smiled at him. Though he was older than her by ten years, their closeness could not be denied. And he would never let anyone harm his dearest niece.

"Father! Father!" A little boy around seven came running with his mother following behind him. He ran towards Min Yung Seok (The Minister of Rites and Yewon's Uncle). They look exactly the same though the little boy was a younger version of Yung Seok.

Yewon bowed her head as a sign of respect towards her Aunt. "How are you, Aunty?" She said with a cheerful smile.

"I'm okay. How about you, Yewon-na? Is your mother here?"

"I'm fine. As for my mother, she's in the kitchen assisting the servants for lunch."

"Okay, I'd go greet her then. I'll leave you two here. Come on, son, let's go greet your Aunt Min."

"Yes, Mother."

They watched the two figures slowly disappear as they walked towards the kitchen. "I think I need to go now, Uncle, because I have some important matters to attend to."

"May I know where you're going, Yewon-na?"

"In the orphanage. It has been a while since my last visit."

"Then I'll leave you here so that I can greet my older brother as well." Yewon nodded and they walked in opposite directions. She immediately went to the stables to get her favorite horse. She named it Jeon. It was a white mare.

"Jeon! I miss you so much!" She hugged her horse while caressing its back. It neighed with joy and excitement as Yewon mounted its back. Together with her maidservant they headed towards the market to buy some new books and also to visit the children in the orphanage.

When they arrived in the market, they immediately went to a book store but before she could even ascend towards its stair, a hand abruptly grasped her arms.

She turned her head only to find that it was an old woman wearing a shaman's clothes who held her hand and looked her straight in the eyes. With much effort, she tried to take her arms away from the old lady and even her maidservant helped her but when the shaman opened her mouth, the people around them stood still. Even the time stopped. The busy market is now filled with silence.

It was only the two of them.

"You are destined to be with the future King's side... to rule with him, but be warned that a big storm is coming. You must listen very carefully, Your Majesty. You shall give birth to a prince, one of the greatest Kings of Joseon. Many want to harm him and they are craving for his death. However, you must take good care of him and so is yourself. Do not worry, heaven is on your side."

Yewon stood there without uttering a single word. The shaman bowed her head and bid goodbye. She closed her eyes for a while to sink it all in but when she opened her eyes the old lady was gone and everything was back to normal.

"Young Miss, are you okay? Why are you just standing there?" Jinhee said with a confused look. "W-What? A shaman stopped me and she... haven't you seen her a while ago?"

"No, Young Miss. Are you sick? Do you want to go home now?"

Yewon shook her head and continued walking towards the store.

AT THE JASEONDANG PALACE

"Your Highness, please don't do this. If your father finds out about this we will be punished severely and besides, it is heavily guarded with guards."

Prince Jung smirked at his eunuch as he prepared his sword and a bag full of money and food. "He will not find out if you shut your mouth, Eunuch Song."

"P-Pardon?"

"I need to go now. Take care of yourself and don't let them find out I'm gone, okay? I'll be back before dusk."

"Y-Yes, Your Highness."

He quickly went out from the back of his room without making even a single noise and climbed the palace walls. Without much effort he escaped from the palace.

When he arrived at the busy market, he was greatly astounded when he saw lots of beggars asking for food but people just looked at them with pure disgust.

He opened his bag and took the money and food he brought from the palace.

He started giving it to the beggars which they accepted with so much joy and thanked him for his generosity. Passerby would look at him with a puzzled expression. But he didn't mind it.

"Y-Your Highness? What are you doing here?" He turned around only to find Yewon looking at him with a questioning look. She was alone.

"Oh... Yewon-na, you're here. Why are you alone?"

"You're not answering my question, Your Highness." She frowned at him.

"Well, I'm just giving some food to the beggars."

"Why?"

He scratched his nape while smiling, but it didn't reach his eyes. "They're still people you know... my people." He said without looking at her.

"Well, I never thought that an arrogant prince like you would have a soft heart for the poor people." She said while grinning at him. He looked at her with an annoyed expression.

"Seriously? Did you just come here to aggravate me? My, you're mocking the future King of Joseon. Do you want to be punished?" He was just kidding but when he looked at her, she suddenly became gloomy. "Hey, I'm just kidding, Yewon-na."

"W-What? I'm sorry I spaced out, Your Highness... I'm just thinking about something."

"Okay. Well, I'd better go now since it's almost du-." He didn't finish his sentence when Jinhee arrived. "Young Miss, I've... I've been looking all over for you! Why did you leave me in the library?" She said while catching her breath.

Prince Yi Yung flinched when he heard the voice he's very familiar with. He can't move. It's as if he was stuck in the ground. He didn't face her. She was facing his back. Yewon giggled. "I'm sorry, Jinhee, I have to leave you there."

"It's okay, Young Miss, as long as you won't do that again. By the way, who is this ma- Yi Yung? What are you doing here?" They looked at each other wide-eyed. Yewon looked at them with confusion in her eyes.

Looks like both of them have a lot of explaining to do.