Relationships and Society

Disclaimer: Please remember, I provide these essays to you as an outline for your own. Plagiarism, using one's work as your own, can have severe consequences. There are many tools integrated into teaching software that can detect plagiarism. It's also as easy as plugging in one sentence into Google to find this essay. I want these to be available to all those that may need an outline or inspiration for their own assignments, however, I know some have used my work and have been caught. Please, don't just copy and paste my work and earn yourself a zero on the essay or fail your class. Thank you for reading and I truly hope that these essays will help. Good luck! If you ever need a peer reviewer for your essay, message me!

Within this essay, I used stuff from a couple of shorts stories that we read...

More Than Anything
We all have them and they are what make us human. They change us. Relationships. Whether they're auspicious or pessimistic, we all have them. Sadly most of our relationships, and our lives, are incessantly brainwashed by society and sometimes it can destroy our relationships.

Many times in life you will get influenced by mankind through numerous devices that to be successful in life and to be accepted by society, you have to have a lot of money and you have to have expensive property and belongings. In the story "The House" by Pritchett and Anderson, this type of society's impact ruined a family's relationship with each other and once you got to their core, they were corrupted. The house represented the main character, Mark's, relationship with himself and it showed how his relationship with his parents affected him. He showed his friend around his house and he showed him how everything was new and that he had a lot of expensive stuff, and that no one was there. This was just the facade Mark and his family put up and that is what society saw. When he finally went to his room he saw the rotting ceiling and that he too was rotten from the influence of his parents conforming to society.

            Society can also make you do things that you will regret. In "The Sniper" by Liam O'Flaherty a man and his squad were in the midst of war. This war soon destroyed his relationship with someone he was presumably close with. "They were deep and thoughtful, the eyes of a man who is used to looking at death," the world around him prepared him for the sight of death and to kill himself. The leaders of this war and the war itself influenced him to kill for them. This, unfortunately, led to the death of his brother by is own gun. He killed his brother. Not just anyone that was for the other side, he knew him personally. The war taught him how to kill, and in the end, he lost his brother, someone he could never get back.

            We know society can kill. If not by homicide then by suicide. During the 1700s there was slavery. There was discrimination towards slaves and African Americans from most communities. In the short story "The Flowers" by Alice Walker, a girl finds the true power of social power and its effects. When Myop, the girl, started her day she was bright and happy. Regrettably, when Myop went her own way she discovered what people could do. She found a man all but bones. He was hung and left there as a warning. The last line stated," And the summer was now over," showing that she now knew what society's influence could do to others.

            Society can influence anyone in maniacal ways. Though at times it's influence can be supportive or tries to be, it's negative more than anything.

10-6-15