Is Being an Outsider a Positive or Negative Experience?

Disclaimer: Please remember, I provide these essays to you as an outline for your own. Plagiarism, using one's work as your own, can have severe consequences. There are many tools integrated into teaching software that can detect plagiarism. It's also as easy as plugging in one sentence into Google to find this essay. I want these to be available to all those that may need an outline or inspiration for their own assignments, however, I know some have used my work and have been caught. Please, don't just copy and paste my work and earn yourself a zero on the essay or fail your class. Thank you for reading and I truly hope that these essays will help. Good luck! If you ever need a peer reviewer for your essay, message me!

... I wrote this in October... I was waiting to add a picture then... I forgot I never published it... oops... I got an A+ on it... I found a picture...👍🏼...

All people have their own definition for an outsider. It may be a person that is just different from them in style or taste or it could be a person that they see as not as good as them and there are infinitely more. In this world's society people seen as outsiders can be greeted in a number of ways including kindness and maliciousness. Sadly, outsiders are often met with cruel people that either do not understand them or do not want to even try to understand them, just pushing them aside as unworthy. Although there may be some that escape from the scrutinizing eyes of people, for most outsiders in society, being an outsider is a negative experience because of the rejection and judgment of others.

Being an outsider can be a negative experience when these outsiders are pushed away from everyone, especially those they love. In the novella, The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka, a man named Gregor Samsa wakes up to find that he has taken the form of a bug during his sleep. At first, Gregor denies what is before his eyes, believing this body to be a remnant of his dreams. The realization that he is, in fact, a bug now occurs when he is found by his family and his boss. Once Gregor leaves his room, he is fired by his horrified boss and his father, "set[s] out to drive Gregor back into his room..." (Kafka 149). Based on Gregor's father's immediate rejection and force after seeing Gregor for the first time in his new body, one must conclude that being an outsider is a negative experience because of the physical or verbal rejection of others. Gregor is being pushed away by a person that he not only loves but who is also his direct family. Though Gregor's physical changes are drastic they were not his choice, yet his father still feels the need to keep him away. This rejection from people can make anyone, whether they have been an outsider or if it's their first time experiencing this, feel bad about themselves because they are not a part of what everyone else is doing. After some time, Gregor adjusts to his body and situation with his family. When he starts to be more active, eating and crawling around more, his sister Grete decides to take out the furniture in his room inhibiting his movement. His mother comes to help, but after seeing Gregor she faints. Gregor's father returns home and misinterprets Gregor's attempts to help his frail mother as attacks. The father proceeds to throw apples at Gregor and while most miss as he scrambles back to his room, "another thrown immediately... drove into Gregor's back really hard" (Kafka 165). As Gregor is being hurt by his father, one must conclude that being an outsider is a negative experience because of the rejection of others when they do nothing wrong or they even try to help. Through misunderstandings, many may be left physically and emotionally hurt by the actions of others towards them and feel more alone. This can be common for those, especially in high school, involved in gossip and the misinterpretation of certain actions and events can lead to bullying, or in extreme cases verbal or physical fights. The experience one has as an outsider can be negative when they are rejected by those around them. This can be made worse when those people are loved ones or the rejection goes far enough to be violent.