six

[time skip/three months]

"Um, why wouldn't you put in the oxygen sensor before changing the spark plugs?" The brunette asked.

"Because i don't wanna." Her male friend sassed.

"It would make life so much easier." Mason whined.

"No, it would make your life easier because you want me to hurry, so we can get pizza." Jacob smirked while tightening a bolt in his Rabbit.

"Exactly. Pizza makes life easier." Mason explained.

Before Jacob could make a sarcastic comeback, the sound of a loud engine broke the quietness of the Black's secluded home.

"Bella?" Mason's voice was laced with confusion as she watched the petite girl get out of her orange truck.

"Jacob! And Mason?" Bella was equally confused.

"'Bout time you came by." Jacob told Bella as he hugged her, Mason kept her distance.

"I brought you something." Bella pointed towards the figures covered in tarp that was sitting in her trunk.

Bella pulls the tarp back, revealing two dilapidated, rusting dirt bikes. Mason crossed her arms and tilted her head. 

"Scrap metal. You shouldn't have." Jacob slowly speaks, looking towards Mason. He knew how she felt about the Swan girl at the moment.

"I rescued them from the dump. They'd cost more than they're worth to fix, unless one had a mechanic-type friend." Bella sweetly smiled towards Jacob.

"Me, being the mechanic-type friend?" He asked, making Bella shrug. "Since when are you into motorcycles?"

"Recently." She quickly answers.

"Recently? As in the past few months you've been MIA or the other recently where you've completely been avoiding your friends?" Mason finally spoke up.

Jacob cleared his throat while watching Bella's dumbfound reaction. "The parts alone will be pricey." He changed the subject.

"I have a college fund I can dig into." Bella regained composure.

"Charlie's gonna love that." Jacob tried his best to discourage her.

"Charlie won't know." It obviously wasn't working.

"Wow, i suddenly have to be somewhere other than here." Mason sarcastically smiled before walking away and towards her car.

Jacob looked at Bella and awkwardly smiled before chasing after his friend.

"Mason!" He knocked on her closed window.

She rolled her window down and glared. "Don't 'Mason' me Jacob, she ditches us for months and then just shows up out of nowhere and expects everything to be okay?" He could tell she was on the verge of tears.

He leaned his arms on her window sill and frowns. "Maybe this is what she needs." 

"She needs two rusty motorcycles?" She slowly asked.

"They won't be rusty after i'm done with em." He winked.

She narrowed her eyes. "Keep me updated." 

"You're really leaving?" He asked as she started the car.

"I needed to go see my mom anyways, it's her birthday." 

"Don't forget my present." He pointed towards the painting he bought for Natasha that was wrapped in blue paper.

"I won't." Mason smiled.