twelve

The peaceful bliss of Mason's house was disrupted by the sound of a phone ringing, groaning, she reached her hand over to shut it up; curling back up into Jacob, she smiled. Right as she began to fall asleep, her phone rang again.

"Just answer it Mase." Jacob's deep voice chuckled. 

"That's so much work." Letting out an exasperated sigh, she did as he said.

"Sheriff, is there any reason you are calling me at-" She paused to look at the clock on her phone."-at three o'clock in the morning?" 

"Bella left." His voice sounded distant.

"Left? What do you mean left?" Mason asked, holding her free hand to her other ear to make sure she heard him right.

"She went to Italy to get Edward." She could hear the sound of paper crumbling.

"Charlie I-" She started, Jacob sat up and put his hand on her shoulder, making her pause. "She'll come back. I promise."

"I know that Mason, i guess i just-I just don't understand why she does this." 

"Everyone has their own way of dealing with heartbreak. Some people run from it and others-" She paused add looked down. "-others try to take away the pain away by taking their-selves away. If that makes sense." 

"Thanks Mason, just like your mom, always knows what to say." Charlie let out a breathy laugh. "I'll keep you updated."

"Please do. Love you Charlie."

"I love you too Mason."

Hanging up, Mason stared at her phone for awhile.

"Is everything okay?" Jacob asked, making her jump.

"Yeah, it's just, um, Bella left. She went to Italy to get Edward." 

"She'll be alright, she always is. She has the bloodsuckers on her side." Jacob tried to joke.

Mason laughed. "Yeah, i guess."

"You worry too much about everyone else, you know that."

"Well, if i stop worrying that's when people start leaving me." She sadly spoke.

"That's not true. I don't know about you but i don't plan on leaving." 

"Neither do I, but we can't tell the future." She looked at him, his chocolate eyes mixing with her caramel ones.

"You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl." He kisses her lips.

"You're so cheesy."

Laughing, the two lay back in bed, holding hands and falling into a blissful sleep once again.

  ●●●

[unedited]

This was a short ass chapter but it is the last one. This is the end of the first book in my Jacob series. The next book will be titled Bloodsport and I hope you all enjoyed and continue to read my books. I love you