Chapter 13

Holly's POV

When I got home nobody was home. There was a note on the kitchen tablet.

'We.drove to Judith's parents. I thought that you didnt want to come with us. Please take your pills. They are on the counter. -love dad'

I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom for a shower. After that I made lunch and sat on the couch. When somebody was at the door I tried two times to get up.

I opened the door and Mike smiled at me. "Hey dude" he said "Hey" I replied and let him in. "Im bored what are you doing?" He asked. "Nothing just watching tv" he jumped on the couch and sat down "We need to change that to something more...something with more action!" "Nah...not today" I said laying on the couch. My feet on his lap.

"Feel bad?" He asked with a worried look. "No I just always feel so damn tired it sucks." he nodded "Ahh ok. Do you know what can change this?" He smirked. I knew what he meant and I wont change my mind. "Shut up I wont!" He didnt say anything. He just watched the tv.

Mike's POV

"You slept outside again?" I asked after a while. She looked confused. "I saw you going home. Were at Tré's?" "Ohh...yea" "Ran away again?" I joked. She looked at me. I didnt know what she wanted to tell me but she wasnt amused.

"Do you know what I think? I think you have a crush on him." She looked suprised. "Yes you got me right. I said you have a crush on him. You fell for him but you dont want to show him or anyone else." "Im not!" she said. "Come on you know that Im right." She looked at the floor.

"Explain why you dont want to tell him I mean...its obvious that he loves you too so you have nothing to lose." She sat up "Mike in a few months Im dead. Thought about it? I just cant fall in love now! Yes maybe youre right. I have nothing to lose but he has." I could see her eyes filled with water. But I couldnt understand her problem.

"Then do the fucking chemo. And youll be happy I really dont get your problem." "How many times should I tell you that I wont do that!?" she almost yelled. "Then stop crying. I really dont get it. You dont want to do this chemo but you also dont want to die. You cant get both. There isnt any other way to heal you. Do you know that!? Face it Holly in a few month youre dead! Dead! Not asleep or in a coma. Youre dead! Do you know what that means!?"

A tear rolled down my cheek. Hers were dripping from her chin. "No...sunset no rainbow no...people no family no friends..." Then she cut me off  "No thunderstorm no hurricane no dispute no fights no disappointment." "No love" I said. She stopped.

"Just face it." "Just shut up!" she yelled and ran upstaires.

Tré's POV

In the afternoon I walked over to Holly's. I just had to. It fucked me up that she left again. I need to know why. When I arrived Mike stepped out of the house. "Ohh...hi Tré" He said "Holly there?" I asked. "Eehh...well..yes but shes a bit...upset. Maybe its better you come back tomorrow." I shook my head "No! I need to talk to her now!" "You can try it. I need to go now. Bye" I didnt answer.

I just rang at the door hoping shell open it. But she didnt so I rang again. And again. And again.

"Leave me the fuck alone" I heard her screaming from upstaires. I smiled a bit. "Forget it! Now open that door!" I shouted back.

It took a while till she opened it. I didnt care if she wanted me to come in. I just did. "You alone?" I asked confused. Secretly I was looking for a reason why she left. It still bothered me. "No!? Cant you see all these people here?!" She said sarcastically pointing to the couch "Thats Steve" "Whats up Steve" I said waving.

I thought shed smile,laugh or giggle but she didnt. She looked sad. "Look Im seriously not in the right mood for jokes so say what you want and then leave ok?" I didnt thimk about leaving. "Why are you always doing this?" I asked "What?" "Pushing me away. I mean...first you are...normal...kind...and then youre pushing me away like...like youre only using me" She looked down.  

Closing her eyes.  

Biting her lips.  

Trying not to cry. 

I walked over to her and hugged her. I didnt want to make her cry. And I didnt know what to say to make her feel better so I hugged her tighter.

She shook her head on my chest. " 'm not using you" she cried. "I know" I said "but...its how I feel and it sucks that youre always...running away from me. It makes me feel stupid." She shook her head again "Youre not" I smiled a bit. "What I mean..." I took a deep breath "I-I like you. I mean I really like you"

She looked up to me what made me feel even more unconfortable but I tried to ignore it. "And I thought you like me too because we went on a date and you...you kissed me and...I dont know" I released her out of my arms "When youre always running home right after getting up it makes me feel stupid and gives me the feeling that youre just using me"

I looked down trying not to blush. It was strange. I was sure. One day shell kill me and I would like to have her in my arms kissing her. " 'm not using you." she sounded...nervous? I look up. "Im just...afraid." "Of what?" I asked. She looked down to her feet again wiping a tear away. "Losing you" she wispered.

I smiled a bit. I pulled her to me and kissed her forehead hugging her tight. It made sense. She love her mum and lost her. I could understand it. I gave her a peck on the lips "You wont" I wispered before I gave her a real kiss.