122

Friday

•Vote on the Author's Note at the end•

•Harry's POV•

"I'll find him instead." I said to myself the exact day before I found him in that Coffee Bean cafe.

Life might be hard, but things do work out for the better. I just got lucky this time.

Since that day, I tried to come in every day of the next week to know what days he works. He was only there Wednesday's, Friday's, and Saturday's. Wednesday and Friday before school hours and after. Saturday's 3-7 o'clock.

I walk through the doors at 9:45am, my usual, and sit at the table closest to the window near the sweetener stand.

Just looking at him made me smile. Tight, skinny blue jeans and his normal black work shirt. His hair was styled in a fluffy half-effort quiff, and his brown roots were more prominent than ever. He was beautiful. He's always beautiful.

He seemed to be laughing at something the customer said, punching in the order with his slender but thick fingers. I wonder how his hands would feel intertwined with mine.

Sighing, I look away and onto my vibrating phone, showing I had gotten a text. I looked up, Niall was on his phone. I open the message.

Niall: Work's busy today... Any jokes to cheer me up?

I chuckled, since when has he liked my jokes? Thinking, I typed:

Me: Okay. I've got one
Me: Do you work at a cafe? Because I like you a latte ;-)

I pretend to look out the window as I discretely watched for his reaction. His blue eyes leaped from his phone, searching the cafe for, what? Me? No. He was looking for a stranger; he was looking for whoever he pictured Harry as. Smart? Confident? A handsome Prince Charming? Yes, that might be what he was looking for, but he certainly wasn't looking for me.

Niall: How'd you know I work at a cafe?

Me: Wild guess :)

Niall: Are you here?

"Should I show him that I'm here?" I wondered. Maybe if I just ordered, just gave him a chance to see me again- even though he wouldn't see me, really- I would be satisfied with myself. Satisfied that I had the decency to answer his awaiting question.

I rose from my seat and took my place behind the two teenagers that just walked in. A petite looking blond and curvy brown haired girl, probably on their way to school.

"Hi, M'names Niall. What can I get you?"

"Just a number 2, caramel on top." She smiled widely, almost too widely, and batted her eyelashes.

"Oh you poor innocent child, don't you already know he's mine? See, I'm kind of on a mission here, so, if you could please hurry up and order. I'm sure your parents are getting cold waiting for you outside." I thought bitterly. Sure, she's underage, but with a face like that, who knows what Niall was in to. I can't get possessive over something that's not mine. I can't.

He's not mine. But I'm his.

"Next!" Niall announced, and it was loud; loud enough to pull me from my thoughts and walk two steps forward to meet his bright blues and see what happened next.

"Hey, I remember you. Not that easy to forget such a unique encounter." He smiled at me.

"Yeah, I try my best to make a good first impression. Though, I'm not very good at second ones." I replied, and he laughed. He laughed, and it was at me. Not prince perfect "Harry Edward", but it was me. I made him laugh like that.

"You seem to be doing good so far. What can I get you?"

"Um," I ran a hand through my hair, 'why hadn't I thought this far?', "A- Do you have any suggestions? I, um, I wanna try something new." I asked nervously.

"Well, I personally love the Black Forest. Or, the original Mocha is delicious as well." His back was toward me as he looked through the choices.

"Oh, okay. I'll try the, um, the Black Forest? Please?"

"Regular or Large?"

"Regular please." I stuffed my hands in my pockets. All the courage I was using was making my hands tremble.

"Alright, we'll have you out in a second." He yelled the order back to the kitchen. As I was stepping to the side, he turned to me.

"Hey, um, I didn't catch your name... Just for next time when you come in. I, uh, I see you in here more often than before." Niall sheepishly explained. I don't know why he seems nervous, I'm not Harry Edward in his eyes.

"Maybe next time." I said, as my drink came out onto the counter. He handed it to me with a questioning look.

"Okay, I'll see you around then." He said, as he called for the next customer.

And the drink? He picked it up and handed it to me, and, oh, our hands might've brushed.

A/N: Hey, my peoples! Fun Sunday update today, hope you enjoyed it.

I really liked that ending :3

But anyways, I have a quick vote, because, as you can see I love to involve the readers in what they want to read!

So option 1 and option 2:

Harry tells Niall his identity the next coffee shop visit, even though it's about a week or two since this encounter. They grow to know each other after that, and Niall knows Harry as Harry.

Or

Harry creates an alias for now. He keeps texting Niall and seeing Niall as two different people. Niall will eventually find out, and the story will play out from there.

I will have lots of fun with both! This is totally your call.

Hope you have a good day, and until next time <3