My Secret Life Chapter 3

Daniel's pov

"Tell me."

"For the hundred and twenty fifth time no. It's a surprise. What exactly will be the point of the surprise if I tell you."

"I could mentally and physically prepare myself and then act surprised so our date can be perfect and not be disastrous with me looking like a waiter at a bowling ally or a hippy at a charity event. And yes I did see the flyer in your car and I won't be surprised by the way if we go there Mr I'm so noble. So tell me now so I can dress appropriately and not feel out of place like the last time we went to one of those and I was wearing my 'I love eating chickens more then cats' shirt. I'm sure that old lady with the over grown eyebrows thought I actually tried eating cats." He chuckled remembering that awful encounter.

"First of all you couldn't dress hippy even if you tried, secondly we're not going bowling or to that charity event on Friday but prepare a more appropriate outfit for when we go on Sunday." He groaned but I continued. "And lastly you can dress however you want to because it's going to be just us and we're not going to be in clothes for too long." He smirked and raised a brow. "I don't mean it like that you pervert, you'll see what I mean. Just dress like yourself and mentally prepare to be impressed if I do say so myself."

"Fine." He sighed in annoyance.

"Oh finally." I thought he would never stop.

"Don't think I'm giving up, I'm just taking a break because Mark is bringing our coffee." Jack said as Mark placed our coffee on the table. "Thank you Mark you're so kind."

"I did not tell Mark where I'm taking you so you don't have to sweet talk him into telling you." Does this guy ever give up?

"I hate you." He huffed sipping his coffee extra loud just to irritate me.

"Sometimes I feel it's better to just keep him at home and not plan any surprises for him. He lands up chewing your brains until he is full and cannot even enjoy the surprise." Mark claimed.

"Ah true words spoken by a wise man. Believe me Mark it's more often than seldom. I have to mentally prepare myself just to tell him and yet I do it over and over again." Of course it was worth it and I didn't mind but he didn't need to know that now.

"I'm still here you know. Stop talking about me like I'm not even here. And fine, surprise me. Just be prepared for what I do next time." Great now he is going to be snappy and agitated for the rest of the day.

"Oh I'm so scared." I joked with him.

Mark laughed as Jack turned his attention toward the window ignoring me before going over to the next table and serving customers.

It was wednesday afternoon and Jack and I were at his coffee shop 'Cup of Jack' original I know. Noah had tuition classes and it felt so good telling him I'm hanging out with Jack and not lie to him. Tomorrow he doesn't have tuition so I'm going to take him to Jack's house and introduce them to each other.

"Jack." he didn't even glance my way he just continued drinking his coffee and staring out the window. "Come on love, It's not that I don't want to tell you I just want it to be special because you're special to me. And it's just two more days." He continued ignoring me and I sighed in frustration. "Fine I'll tell you one thing." His eyes snapped to me with excitement and I smiled at his childishness. "It's not going to be a cliche movie and dinner date. I think we've had enough of that. It's going to be something familiar. Something we've done before, not on a date but more casually. Although this time it will be on a whole new level."

"Speak english please." He replied not impressed with my clue.

"Just trust me, please."

"Fine." He leaned over and kissed me surprising me before sitting back down with a smile. "I trust you and I honestly cannot wait for Friday."