My Secret Life Chapter 5

Daniel's pov

I left my class and slipped down the hall with as much speed as i could muster. Keeping my head down to avoid seeing the stares that I could feel burning into me, I reached my locker.

The stares and mumbling continued as I ducked my head and hurriedly exchanged my books.

"I heard he told Noah he has a boyfriend while he was high and that his boyfriend is a drug addict who got him hooked as well."

"Is every guy in this school going to turn gay, how are we even suppose to change in the locker room? How on earth is he even gay when he dresses like that? Aren't gay guys suppose to not dress so sloppily and worry about personal hygiene, even more then straight guys? I'm sure I shave more often then him. Hopeless." Two guys snickered.

The voices faded away as their owners moved on, leaving me alone at my locker.

The chatter in the hall died down as students went to class, and the silence was a blessing.

"They might talk for a while, but they'll get over it." Tony said suddenly standing next to me. "Just give it a few days for the news to fade from their minds."

Tony's words weren't helping, all I felt was disappointment and failure and terror at what I would be faced with after today.

"Come on let's get you to class." He said taking my hand and pulling me toward my last class.

When the final bell rang I ran to my locker and got what I needed before anyone could notice me. For some reason I felt like I was being followed. I didn't stop when Tony called my name or when one of the teachers told me to stop running in the hall I just ran until I exited the school and took off toward my car.

I was grateful when I finally reached my car. Sliding into my seat, I took a moment to compose myself.

I switched on the radio to distract myself from my thoughts about today and drove to Noah's house for an explanation from him. I still couldn't believe he did something like that. He knew I didn't like attention and I wanted to keep my personal life a secret and yet he went ahead and made me the new scandal of the school. Despite my reputation and popularity, they didn't bother hiding all the hushed tones and glaring. Just because I'm gay they feel that they can talk about me and not even wait till I'm out of their sight.

I parked in his driveway and got out of the car making my way to the front door. I rang the bell and waited. A few minutes later the door was answered by Liam, Noah's older brother who was home for a few days from college. He had a surprised look on his face when he saw it's me at the door before smiling kindly and allowing me in.

"Hey Daniel long time no see, how you're doing?" He greeted me apprehensively.

"Hey Liam yeah its been awhile, if you asked me how I'm doing yesterday I would have told you I'm the happiest guy ever, but so much changed today and that's why I'm here. Is Noah in his room?" Normally I would have just walked up the stairs and barge in his room but I didn't feel like doing that today.

"Yeah he is but after what he did on Friday, he doesn't want to talk to anyone. He hasn't even come out of his room since Friday." He replied and I kind of felt bad for Noah.

"I really need to talk to him, I'm sure he will open for me otherwise I'm breaking his door." I told him making my way to the stairs.

"Daniel." Liam stopped me as I was about to climb the stairs. I turned to him questionably and he had a look of pity on his face which was directed to me. "I know what Noah did wasn't right but he was really upset. He was lonely whole evening while the guy he has a crush on was on a date with his boyfriend. He felt rejected and betrayed. He needed an outburst and he saw everyone at the party as a source to release all his vent. He was wasted and had no idea what he was doing. When I pulled him off the table and took him to my car he kept on telling me he didn't want to join the circus and that my nose looks too purple to be a clowns nose. If he couldn't recognize me then he really must have been out of it. You of all people know how he gets when he is drunk. I'm not trying to justify what he did I'm just saying be a little lenient with him, he really regrets it." He told me and I could hear the plea in his voice.