My Secret Life Chapter 4

Daniel's pov

When I walked into school on Monday morning, something didn't seem right. I could feel everyone's eyes on me. It was like they knew something about me that they weren't suppose to know. As if I was being judged by each one of them for something I did. I ignored all the whispering and stares and made my way to my locker.

After getting to spend the whole weekend with Jack, I didn't want to spoil my good mood by worrying about the latest gossip, even if it was about me. Saturday morning we woke up in each others arms by the lake and went for a swim before driving back to his house. We watched movies and cuddled together. Sunday we got breakfast together and went to the charity event.

I wish we went to the same school. Maybe I would have come out with him. Be proud of who I am. But I just didn't have the courage to come out on my own. Jack is my rock.

Noah wasn't by his locker when I got there which was strange because he was always there before me. As I was getting my books someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around to see Kate glaring at me with glossy eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked me accusingly.

"Kate what's wrong? What didn't I tell you?" Kate is a good friend and I wouldn't do anything to upset her.

"You know how I feel about you and you didn't tell me that you...you" she started crying before she could finish her sentence. She once told me she likes me but I told her we wouldn't work out and she said she understood, she just wanted me to know. But that was before I even met Jack and knew I was gay and I thought she was over me. I guess not.

"Kate why are you crying? What did I do?" What did I keep from her? There's only one thing I kept from her and everyone but there's no way she could have found out. Right?

"Daniel please excuse my sister she is just having a hard time believing it. I guess we all are." Tony Brooks, Kate's brother told me coming over and standing next to Kate putting his arm around her.

"Hard time believing what?" Please someone tell me.

"You don't know what Noah did at my party?" Tony asked looking like he regretted opening his mouth.

"Noah, what did Noah do?" And where is Noah.

"Come with me and I'll tell you." He said and pulled me into the boys locker room shutting the door and locking it. "Have you seen Noah since Friday night?" He asked facing me.

"No, the last I saw him was on Friday at school. Why do you ask? Is Noah okay, did something happen?" What's going on?

"Noah is fine, physically at least." He came over and surprisingly pulled me into a hug. "What I'm about to tell you might damage your friendship with Noah or it might even destroy it. But forgiving him will be the right thing to do because he was drunk when he did it and you know that he gets very emotional when he is drunk. I must say that I'm partly responsible for what happened because I forced him to play beer pong but I had no idea he would say what he said." Tony said sounding regretful once again.

"What..what did he say Tony? Just tell me." What could be so bad?

"He uhm he stood on a table and got everyone's attention before very emotionally telling everyone that he is gay and so are you. He then went on to say that he told you he loves you but you rejected him because you have a boyfriend for the past two years. He...he outed you Daniel. The whole school knows you're gay." He finally said wrapping his arms tightly around me.

I couldn't breath. I felt like someone stabbed me in my heart. I started shaking tears running down my face. They know, they all know. That's what those looks meant. The looks I new would come if I outed myself. The looks I wanted to avoid for as long as possible. The looks that would now forever be engraved in my mind. I held onto Tony for dear life because if I left him I would surely crumble to the floor.