Chapter 5

It was as if he was playing magic... Perhaps he was; for with Erik, one never knows. Slowly, Celestine gave up straining to break free. His lips trailed even further down to her collarbone. She threw her head back, the warm feeling spreading throughout her.

"Do you see now, my dear? I am not the monster you think." He let go of her wrists, and she did not move. She did not run away. Why, you ask? Because she did not want to.

Celestine allowed Erik to lean close as she did as well. She was careful and timid, while he was feverish and desperate. They clasped onto each other; Erik's hands, his bare hands, cupping her delicate face to pull her closer, and Celestine's hands wound around his neck.

They were merely young lovers, seeking a way to express their emotions. Both of them weren't in their right mind; in fact, they weren't in any sort of mindset. It was simply there, happening now, and they would let nothing stand in their way.

She felt free, free from weighty emotions, such as fear. Now, all Celestine had was bliss. Not love, not happiness, but bliss.

Erik was beyond happy. He was eccentric, he was joyful, he was loved. All his life, nothing but hatred, hatred, hatred. Pulling him down. Forcing him to become cruel and merciless. But now, with Celestine, his perfect match, he wouldn't trade it even the Opera House, which he built himself.

Her hands roamed his back, then slid into his hair. Celestine's fingers were deep in its tresses, then moved down to his face. He was leaning into her touch as she cupped his face. His hands had slid down to her waist and lower back. Her fingers were quick yet careful, just as they were when she met him, then quickly snatched off the mask, revealing the true Erik!