5. The One That Ruined Me

"Look me in the eye when I am talking to you
It's easy to get nervous I've been feeling it too
Yeah it's kinda crazy
Yeah it's kinda dumb
Never let the pressure overpower the fun

Yeah I'm sure your parents might be saying it to you..."

I liked Kodaline, are you kidding? I liked Kodaline so much that I wanted to listen to them for hours. It's just a shame that I liked them so much since it was their song that ruined my night. Well, not so much them, more so the girl I talked to who liked them too. It happened at the party that Parker had forced me to go to with him. You know, the one for Becky Moore due to her being accepted into Penn State University in Harrisburg, by her girlfriend Celeste. It's a nice way of showing "congratulations", but a party shouldn't be necessary. I mean, what the hell would I know about anything, though?

I'm not that smart when it comes to surprises, especially for a girl that I have never been romantically involved with. Mostly that. I mean, I wouldn't mind throwing a party for someone like that, but I don't think I could pull it off as good as Cole would. He's the best when it comes to party.
It has nothing to do with his whole 'gay-factor', but more so because he doesn't screw things up. Parker is good too, only if he isn't pissed.

Anyway, while we were at the party, Parker had abandoned me front and center for some girl with brunette hair. He had a thing for brunette's, but it wasn't weird or anything. So, I was alone, and I watched as the fools danced around and drunk themselves until their eyes were tired. I watched as the rest of the crowd found themselves busy with pointless make-out sessions and heated moments drinking, smoking, and whatnot.

I was in no part of this whatsoever.

How the hell could I be? I mean, it's typical enough for teenagers to have sex and make-out, but this was just stereotypical in branding us.

Plus, I bet I would start getting drunk after drinking half a beer bottle. So, that's another reason why I didn't join in with the rest of the delinquents around me. So, I just sat out of almost everything that involved either drinking or kissing which was expected to lead to sex. I know it seeks quite paranoid, but I'm nothing like my brother. I mean, Rubin could care less as long as he had the time of his life. Some brother.

Anyway. I helped myself to some water that Parker filled for me in a glass. The music was barely loud against my ears than I had expected, but I didn't care. I wouldn't have wanted to be deaf damn way. Just saying.
I was already used to my dad and Rubin arguing with each other, so it didn't bother me as much. Sometimes, I would drive myself to seeking the mastery of ignoring things like high pitched screaming and swearing, but I could never seem to find the proper key. My mom was always in my ear, telling me things were going to be okay, but I could never seem to believe her. She was one of them. The yellers in the family. She came in third behind Rubin, who followed behind dad.

Hot damn: meaning 'ah shit', I thought.

I decided to sit on the steps, avoiding many make-out sessions as soon as possible. Parker was doing his own thing, talking to some strawberry red-head with brown eyes and a cute figure. She had to be older than him since she was holding a bottle of vodka. She even looked older than him. Not too old though. Maybe a year or two. Not three. Three year age difference doesn't suit Parker that much, 'cause then he finds most conversations boring.

He wasn't a boring kind of guy.

So, I'm just sitting on the steps to the upstairs and I take another sip of my drink. When I hear someone excuse themselves and I turn around to stand up, I see Monique Fort standing behind me. Her eyes looking exactly at mine as she keeps a light and warm smile on her face. Her hair is out and straightened, and she wears a nice red dress that comes down above her knees. She is holding her phone in one hand and she wipes her cheeks with the other. I can tell that by the water in her eyes, she has been crying but hides it with a smile.