Chapter o6

NORMAL POV

“Don’t ever, ever run away again Pinkly. I don’t know how I would’ve explained that to Brian.” Kate said to Pinkly as they walked down Val’s driveway.

Val was standing on the porch, pacing up and down. Kate raised her eyebrow and smiled slightly.

“There you are! I was two seconds away from calling the cops!” Val shouted. Kate laughed and rolled her eyes.

“Sorry Val. Pinkly ran away.” She said as she walked up the steps.

Val let out a huge breath and sank into a chair.

“Thank God you found her.” Val said. Kate nodded and sat down in the chair next to Val.

“Yeah, she just ran up to this guy and jumped into his lap.” Kate said. Val shook her head.

“But she hates everyone!” She shouted. Kate giggled and nodded.

“I know! But I found her in this guys lap, snuggling all up to him.” Kate said.

Val raised her eyebrow at Kate and sat on the edge of her chair.

“What did this guy look like?” She asked. Kate smiled a little and looked away.

“Tall, blonde, green eyes,” Kate said. Val smirked and started to laugh.

“He was hot, wasn’t he?” She said. Kate sighed and laughed.

“Yeah, he was.”  Kate and Val both laughed and looked down at Pinkly.

“No wonder why Pinkly went up to him. She thought he was hot too!” Val said. The girls laughed again and then turned their heads to the driveway when they heard a car coming down it.

It was Leana. She was driving Jimmy’s black Dodge Charger with a giant Death Bat on the hood. Val flinched when she saw the car pull up. Kate flashed her a look and she straightened up. She and Val stood and went to meet Leana at her car.

“Hey honey!” Val said as she through her arms around Leana’s neck.

Lea smiled and hugged her back.

“Hey Val, hi Kate.” She said to them both. Kate waved and Val took a step back.

“I’m really glad you decided to come Lea.” Val said. She nodded and took a bag out of the backseat.

“Well you were right, I need to get out of that house for the night.” She said.

Kate could hear the tightness in her voice when she spoke. She couldn’t imagine what Leana must be going through every day in that house. It had to be like living in her own private Hell. Val reached out and took Leana’s hand and led her into the house, with Kate on her heels.

Both girls had agreed not to talk about Matt or Brian while Leana was in the house so not to upset her. Kate’s eyebrows went up to the ceiling when she saw the living room. Val had pushed the coffee table out of the way so that the floor was completely open and she had piled mountains of blankets down.

“I thought we’d have an old fashion sleep over party.” Val said with a huge smile. Kate laughed and Leana just smiled.

Kate glanced at the clock and noticed that it was almost seven. The guys would be going on soon. She pulled out her phone and noticed that Brian still hadn’t texted her back. Again she sent the message and tucked the phone away.

“Okay, so let’s get into our pajama’s and start this party!” Val shouted. Kate giggled and the girls went to change.

The party went off without a hitch. The girls ordered pizza and ate so much junk food, Kate thought she would burst! Around ten, Kate went out to have a cigarette. Val was sleeping and Leana was watching TV. Kate took her phone out, to see if Brian had texted her yet. Still, he hadn’t. The show had to be over by now. Kate sighed in frustration.