Grumpy Pants.

A/N: As of 06/10/2020 this series is receiving a makeover.

"(Y/n)-chan, Good Morning!"

Your ears perked at the call of your name. You lifted your head from the word-cross game on your phone, and over to the door to spot one of your good friends on her way up the stairs and towards your section in the middle. "Morning, Kou-chan!" You beamed a smile at her.

"Ah, Ushijima (Y/n) lands another critical hit!" She clutched her heart as she came crashing down into the space beside you. "Attack move: smile!"

You grinned from cheek to cheek at her antics.

"I can't tell you how much I hate this class, but every time I walk in and see your adorable face, I forget that hatred for the entire lecture."

"Really?" You tilted your head.

"Ah," she reached out to pincers and pulled lightly on your cheek, watching it stretch. "How're you this cute? Make it make sense."

"I don't knoowww," You whined. You hadn't done much but greet her like you usually did.

When she let you go, you dropped your other cheek into your hand and listened to Junkou go on and on about how unlucky her morning served to be so far. Especially with transit.

"It worked out in your favor though, because the professor said he was going to be running 20 minutes late."

"Yo, Junkou. (Y/n)."

"Ritsu-kun," you greeted the yawning male. "Morning." He could barely keep his eyes open, like he was trying to get that sting out of his eyes but he needed more time.

"You were almost late, too, huh Ritsuka?" Junkou asked. "You live a block away, what the hell is your excuse?

"Forgot to set my stupid alarm." Ritsuka dragged himself all the way to the other side of the table and scooted all the way down until he sat on the other side of you.

Junkou moved her head forward to get a load of him. "Did you even shower before you left?" She squinted.

"Isn't it obvious?"

The two of you stared him down and noted the same hoodie he had gotten a grease stain on from a day earlier in the week. Not only that, but his bed hair really made an appearance. Not even the hood itself helped much in hiding it.

"Like hell it is. We just started the new semester, this week. You'd better not be fooling around this time, because I'm not helping your ass at the last minute again."

With one more yawn, Ritsuka folded his arm onto his desk and buried his face in the space to breathe. "Yeah, yeah." But his responses only came out like mumbles.

Other than your own conversation, it seemed like the one outside in the hallway was getting livelier. Enough to make you and Junkou cut yours short.

"Sounds like Tooru-senpai is here," you said.

"Oh no...He's still taking this class?" Junkou clenched up her hair in both hands, ready to pull out chunks from either side. "Every time he comes near us, there's chaos."

The door opened up again, and this time, in stepped Oikawa Tooru as suspected. One of the most, if not the most popular guy in your university. He turned and waved to the blushing female students in the hall before walking on with his friend. His very rugged friend.

"Junkou-chan, Junkou-chan," you nudged her. Who's that walking next to Tooru-senpai?" You couldn't take your eyes off him.

"Huh?" She released her hair and leaned forward to get just a bit of a better look. "Beats me," she shrugged back into the seat. "Maybe he's new."