{Softie.}

A/N: Just a very short filler scene before we continue on with the storyline. Might include another one later on in the future.

Iwaizumi pushed his head through the opened doors of the student lounge in the west part of the building. He had gotten your text to come, now all he had to do was find you.

At first glance, he didn't see you, just a few other students working on their laptops or recharging their battery with a snooze.

He stepped in further into the room and all the way down on his left side, he found what looked like to be you with your laptop sitting in front of you and your ear cradled in your hand.

"(Y/n)," he walked up to you. "Hey, I'm-" He slowed down to the faint sniffles. "Eh?! You're crying?"

"No." A flat out lie. The tears were spilling over and the snot was in the middle of a bungee from your nostrils. "I'm not crying."

"What's going on?" He came close and tried to peep into your features, but was snubbed from the turn of your head. "Did someone you know pass away? Did you remember something sad?"

You fully turned your back on him. "Mm." Not a yes, but a verbal pout in refusing to let him bear witness to your sappy face.

Maybe it was him. "Did...Did I something wrong?" He pointed to himself. He had hoped not.

"Of course not, Senpai!" You snapped your head back to him.

"Do you mind telling me?" he held his nape with concern. "I'm worried about you."

"It's just that." Your face scrunched up once again. "It's so hard!" you whined. "All this stupid work to do. Assignment this! Project that! Take a test 2 days from now. Write a 20-page essay and hand it in next week!" The tears ran on and on like two streams as you stabbed a hand at the screen.

At this point, you had a few onlookers were curious eyes. Probably thinking it was break up gone wrong.

"Ah...this..." Sometimes he forgot you were only in your second year. Last year, you might've had the energy for it, but from this year forward, it was all about how many meltdowns could you handle without dropping out. The way you were crying, was like you weren't going to submit your thesis on time.

"Why do professors have to give so much work? Is this really legal? It shouldn't be! Senpai, I'm sleepy and hungry and I wanna go home!" You grabbed up his shirt.

"Hey," he put his hands on your shoulders to gather your attention. "It's going to be okay."

"I want my degree already," you said. "I hate it here!"

"First, let's calm down." He squished your cheeks in his large hands. "Breath," he said. His thumb swiped away the pre and post tears from your eyes and face.

You released him. You tried sniffling up your snot through and calming down as he had advised you to. In and out you slowly breathed for the next couple of seconds. "Sorry," you said. Whether he could've seen it for himself or not, you had a feeling you were blushing behind his hands.

"It's fine. We've all been there done that. Even Oikawa's lost his cool ever now and then."

"Really?" You bat your lashes. "Even you?"

He inched his eyes off from you directly. "Well...maybe once or twice."

"Did you cry?"

"More like tried smashing everything in sight." He looked back to your watery eyes. "Just know you're not to feel like this, got me?" You nodded. "If you want me to, I could stick around and lend you a hand."

"Would you really?" The sparkles returned right back to your eyes, where they belonged.

"Sure!" he smiled. "We'll bust it out in no time."

"Mm...Hajime-senpai?"

"Yeah?"

You pointed to your cheeks. "I'm still being squished here," you giggled.

"Ah!" He ripped his hands away. "My bad. I didn't realize I was still doing it." Iwaizumi scratched the back of his head and looked off elsewhere. Yet again he went into another blushing frenzy.

"It's okay," you smiled. You took his wrist and pulled his hand back over, this time to sit on the top of your head. "I like it when you give me pats on the head. It feels nice and comforting."

'Why gave her the right to be this adorable? Who?!' Even more with your slightly puffy eyes. "I'll be back. I'm gonna go see about getting us some snacks and something to drink," he said. "Is there anything you want?" He took a step away.

"Anything that you bring for me will be fine," you beamed. Just a minute ago it felt as if your life was falling into pieces. But now with him here, it's like it hadn't happened at all. 'Hajime-senpai's a big softie.'