Chapter 12

Recap
"As long as both of us put an effort, I will try my hardest to make this work out" I responded with a smile making its way to my face.

He responded with an equally large smile. But I couldn't help but think...

I like Derek but I don't love him. Not yet, at least.
________________________

Ava's P.O.V

You know how mates love each other at first glance... well not in my case.

I don't love Derek, I mean I had a crush on him when we were kids but after he left I no longer did.

After he left, I actually hated him for it but after what he told me, I felt bad.

I mean why did I have to find my mate, why now. Why when I had decided that finding my mate would be the worst thing to happen to me at the moment.

"Aghhhh" I groaned in fustration

It has been 5 weeks since me and Derek promised each other we would try to me it work.

Since then, we have told my parents about him being my mate. Derek has also intoduced  me to some of his mates (friends) from his mafia group.

It's been going fine but I'm scared it won't last long. 

Derek has told me that he made a party where all family and friends from both sides will come to introduce themselves to us. He says that, that will be the first step in our "relationship"

For that reason, I am right now at my house trying to pick something to where.

"I have nothing" I told myself while looking at the different color dresses.
I have many dresses, yes, but nothing for today.

It is currently 6:00 pm and Derek is picking me up at 7:00 since the party is taking place at his house.

"That's like no time at all". I thought to myself

As I was about to turn around and exit my walk in closet, I spotted red frabic.

My eyes widend and I hurried towards the dress at the end of the closet.

I held up the red silky dress.

(Picture of the dress on top)

"Derek did say to wear something nice and fancy". I nodded to myself and changed.

_________40min later_________

I has just finished applying minimum makeup and I'm currently walking downstairs. I see my parents at the end of the stairs waiting for me.

"You look gorgeous sweetie" my mom compliments and my dad nods in agreement.

"Ding"
(A/N is that the sound a door makes when someone is at the door?... idk, moving on)

"I'll get it" I say and make my way towards the door.

I open the door to be met with derek. He looked very good with his back suit.

"You look absolutely stunning" he told me with an expression I couldn't quit put a finger on.

I smiled and replied "you look good to"

He chukled and greeted my parents that were now behind me.

He then held out his hand for me to take which I gladly took.

He opened the door to the car for my parents and I to get in and then he got in the front seat next to the driver.

Skiping the car ride.

We were now in dereks house and their were already many people which made me nervous.

I felt a pair of hands on the small of my back and felt some kind of warmth of the touch. I turned around and saw those grey eyes of Derek looking back at me.

"I wanted to show you someth-

He was inturupted by a very high pitched sound coming from a girl walking towards us

"Hey babe" she said to Derek, right in front of me.

"Hell no bitch" I thought to myself

_________________________________

A/N I'll try to update soon or next weekend. I hope you enjoyed!!!