The New Girl

~Tobin~

"Alright ladies. Bring it in!" Jill shouts. We stop our soccer tennis tournament and follow Jill into the locker rooms.

"We have a new player. Please make her feel welcome. She is 26 and plays for a club in Europe." Dawn come sin with the new girl behind her.

I'm a lite intimidated by her tattoos and glare. But when we lock eyes her face turns to a shy look. I smile at her.

"This is Elizabeth Ross." Hope, Ashlyn, and Alyssa gasp.

"What?" I ask looking at them but I find myself looking back at her.

"She rarely misses a cross or goal. She's got skills." When Hope says that I'm impressed. If it's coming from Hope that's a huge thing. Everyone starts to go back to the soccer tennis.

"Hi. I'm Kelley." Kelley says holding her hand out. Elizabeth shakes it and smiles. Kelley tries to make conversation but she soon realises that she's not going to reply and leaves. I step up and her eyes widen at me.

"I'm Tobin. So you don't talk?" I ask. She shakes her head. "May I ask why?" I ask trying to not scare her. She does something with her hands and I smile.

"So you sign?" I sign with my hands.

"Ya. How did you learn?" She signs back.

"My sister is deaf. So my whole family learned it. She can read lips but I still remember how to. What about you?"

"I don't think I'm ready."

"That's okay. I did just meet you. Come on. We're playing soccer tennis. You can be on my team."

She did indeed have skills. She helped us win the tournament and we got to leave early with Meghan who was on our team as well.

"Dang your good girl. You may have some competition Tobin." Meghan says. We laugh.

"Thanks." Elizabeth signs.

"She says thanks." I say.

"You sign too? You two have so much in common. You both have amazing skills, ripped muscles, can sign each other, midfielder. What else?" We shrug.

"Are you gay?" I hit Megan's head and push her.

"Don't ask that. You just met her." I shout at her. I feel a hand on my arm. I turn.

"It's okay. Yes I'm gay."

"She's gay."

"Cool. I forgot to mention that you both have tattoos. Well she has one."

"Meghan! I told you not to tell!" I yell at her. We go into the room Meghan and I share.

"Sorry." I see Elizabeth holding in a laugh.

"You can laugh." I say. She lets out a little giggle and I thought it was the cutest thing.

"I wonder what else you have in commen." Meghan says.  We shrug.

Little did we know we had a lot more in commen.

I need help with a better title! I suck at it.