Gem

He stood before the odd door. It was only now he realized the word 'Gem' was carved on the top of the door frame. That was the only one in English. He hesitated.

'She's dangerous'  Victor's words rang again. He had warned Garfield that she was like a bomb, that's why no one without the right skills visited her, because she could go off at any moment.

But Garfield was stubborn and curious. Not the best mix. 

He turned the knob, surprised to see it wasn't locked. 'If she's as dangerous as they keep saying she is you think they'd lock the door...' But this didn't stop him from opening it and walking in, closing it behind him. 

There wasn't any light, no windows or light-switches that he could feel. But he desperately wanted light, he could feel something watching him in the darkness. After almost five minutes of searching and finding nothing, his eyes adjusted.

Directly across from the door against the wall was a girl, her head down and arms at her sides, hands uselessly laying on the floor. He noticed chains on them, covered in the same odd scrawls that were on the door. He stepped closer, and she lifted her head ever so slightly. He imagined just enough to see him, because he still couldn't see her face, only her dark hair.

"Who are you?" She spoke. He continued to stare. This odd, creature, had a voice like silk, despite the raspy monotone feel it gave off. 

"Uh, I'm, uh, I'm Garfield. What-uh, Who, are you?" She finally looked up. The whites of her eyes were glowing, showing her hair was actually purple, with the irises teetering between purple and red, switching and mixing rapidly.

"I'm The Gem." He blinked and stepped closer, noticing her straighten her back.

"'The Gem?" She gave a curt nod. He stepped even closer and she glared, her irises turning blood red.

"What are you doing?" He noticed her voice was deeper, almost layered. He put his hands up in mock surrender. 

"Just wanna see you." Her expression didn't change, nor did her eyes. 

"Yeah right. No one 'just wants to see me'. That's why I'm in this Father forsaken room." He wanted to question what she said, but she suddenly bared her teeth, showing fangs, and her eyes turned completely red, as another pair opened. She leaned away from the wall, yanking on the chains. 

"Pathetic mortal swine! Why did you come here!?" He was sure it was layered now, he could hear the 'original' voice she had used, along with at least four different deeper pitched voices. He stumbled back. She continued to struggle. 

"Useless weakling! Either speak or leave!" He did the latter, running out and slamming the door. He looked up and saw Victor, with his arms crossed as he towered over him.

"Told you."

***************

Two chapters in one day! I really like this plot.

Anyway! No, I don't own the Teen Titans.