Activity

Weeks passed and nothing major happened with The Gem. (No one else knows her name yet, remember that) Garfield and Victor started hanging out with Kori Anders, who specialized in space exploration. She was sweet and bubbly, always being nice to everyone. She was foreign, from a small island no one really knew existed, and was often too naive and innocent to get most of the jokes they told. Richard Grayson, adopted son of Bruce Wayne who was funding a lot of the projects they did, would visit as much as he could, as he and Victor had been friends for a few years. He and Kori were very obviously into each other, though they wouldn't admit it. But they ended up forming a close knit group.

Then Gem went wild.

Another scientist, no one really remembered his name, came running with scratches on his arms shouting about Gem attacking him. The group had immediately ran to the room, where the door was thrown open and shrieking was coming out of the room. Wind came out of nowhere as soon as they stepped in. The girl was pulling on her chains, yelling something they couldn't understand. Her four eyes glowed menacingly as she stared at them. She stopped yanking so hard, settling for a steady pull as she leaned away from the wall. 

Her breathing was heavy, and her hair was much longer than it had been last time. They noticed her hands were actually glowing, and Victor started freaking out.

"This is bad! This is very, very bad!" They all looked at him, sans Richard. He was trying to figure out how to contain her long enough to get to the chains.

"Friend Victor! What is happening?"

"Yeah dude! I don't think that's normal!" He waved them off and ran out, leaving them. He returned a few minutes later with a shot. He looked at Richard, who looked at him and nodded. They moved at the same time, Richard grabbing her arms as Victor stabbed the needle into her neck. She slowly calmed down, her eyes closing one pair at a time. 

When she opened the original pair, they had gone purple, and she had stopped struggling all together. The small hole in her neck closed, and she looked down, letting them take the chains off her wrists and allowed Richard to hold them behind her back. Victor left with the chains.

Gem looked at Kori and Garfield. They froze, but she didn't look menacing, or mad. She looked defeated. Seeing them freeze, she looked down again.

"I'm sorry." Even Richard was surprised at this. She had never apologized, even when she attacked them. "I try to control it, but...I can't. I don't want to hurt people, I don't want to be looked at like I'm a monster. I don't want people to be afraid of me! But I can't help it! I try to keep it inside, to not let it out, but it never works!" Without the restrictions of the runes inside the room, wind was blowing wildly, the shadows getting darker and her eyes glowing white. Tears streamed down her face as she took a deep breath, everything calming for the second time that day. "I'm sorry."

Victor walked in with the fixed chains, and Richard let her go hesitantly. She lifted her hands as Victor reattached the restraints. They left her once more, closing the door, not noticing how dark the shadows got once she was alone.

*******************

In this version Raven is much more emotional, seeing as she doesn't usually have anything to keep her from showing it. Anyway! Thank you for reading, and sorry if you hate it.

I don't own the Teen Titans.