Chapter 2- Waiting

The seven moons Firestar spent dragged on for what seemed like forever. The tom paced around in his den and watched his Clanmates whenever he could. He became restless, not eating much prey, not drinking much water, and not sleeping enough.
He was getting strange looks from the other Starclan cats, except for Bluestar of course. One day, Firestar stalked up to Bluestar. "When will I find out what you mean?" Firestar pleaded. "Soon," Bluestar replied cooly. "In about a moon." Firestar grumbled and padded back to his den.
The tom felt lonely without a Clan to look after, a family to love. He decided to go and check in Thunderclan, to see how it was doing. Firestar went to a pool of water and stared deeply into it. Blurry shapes danced on the surface of the water. They soon became clearer, and Firestar could see the Clan he held so dearly.
Bramblestar was organizing the dawn patrol, the elders were gossiping, Jayfeather was lecturing Amberkit about knocking over his herb pile, while Lilypaw and Seedpaw practiced battle moved in the clearing.
Firestar sighed. He wished he were back there, leading his Clan. He realized that his daughter, Squirrelflight, the new deputy of Thunderclan wasn't in the clearing. Then, he saw her come out of the nursery, swaying on her paws. "What?" he yowled in astonishment. Squirrelflight was expecting kits! He felt happiness bubbling up inside of him that was soon replaced by sadness When he realized that he might never meet them until they joined Starclan.