Renée Elise Goldsberry

Born: January 2, 1971 (age 45)
Birthplace: San Jose, California
Spouse: Alexis Johnson
Children: Benjamin & Brielle Johnson
Hamilton: Angelica Schuyler Church

Early Life
Renée was born in San Jose, and raise in both Houston, Texas and Detroit, Michigan. After she graduated from Cranbook Kingswood School, she went to Carnegie Mellon University. She graduated from there with a bachelor's degree in theater.

She continued to graduate school at the University of South Carolina, where she received a masters degree in vocal jazz performance.

Personal Life
In 2002, she married Alexis Johnson. Their first child was born in May 2009, named Benjamin. Their second child, Brielle, was born in 2013.

Career
Renée co wrote more than half the soundtrack to All About You, which she even starred in. She also appeared on Ally McBeal as one of the backup singers. And in the Off-Broadway production of The Lion King, she played Nala.

On tv, she played Evangeline Williamson on One Life To Live for 4 years. She was nominated for an NAACP Image Award in 2004 for the Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series and won a Soap Opera Digest Award for Favorite Triangle.

She was also nominated for a Drama League Award for Distinguished Performance and a New York magazine award, Best of 2005.

On June 16, 2008, Renée was the last actress to play the role of Mimi Marquez in Rent. She currently has been seen on The Good Wife, as a recurring role ASA Geneva Pine.

At the 70th Tony Awards, Renée was given a Tony for her role as Angelica. The title of the award was Best Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical.

Social Media
Twitter: @reneeelisegolds
Facebook: @Renée Elise Goldsberry