Chapter 3 - Everything about her

Rebecca's POV

Love see me no reason to fault at all.

"Honey, do you already have in mind to what school will you go this semester? It's been a long time that you hadn't gone to one." Mom asked curiously as we're walking down the alley of the Sky Mall. I didn't answer her immediately. I was just having some trouble here. Everytime we're going out for shopping, she always introduce me to a very nice stall and even my jaw drops at the prices of the clothes and accessories she's willing to buy for me. I know she can afford it, but it's not necessary.

"Honey, are you listening?" I was snapped from my own mind as my mom pulled my arm and we stop at the front of a coffee shop. She's perfect and everything about her is worth a stare. I just nod to her.

"So where you wanna go?" She's smiling asking me and I'm happy that after all this years, the kidnapped, being away from her and the independence I have when she's not there gives me no reason to hate her for life. Maybe for some point it guves me some positive effects. She works for me, for us her family, for our future, I can't blame her.  I know it's only weeks of being with my family, but I think my mom really loves me and she's willing to do everything for me now.

"I'm still on school mom. I'm supporting my studies before I decided to go back home." I answered her. "I'm studying Communications at Le Consolasion Community College." Astonished by my reply, her smile became wider as she holds my hand and pulling me closer to her. "I don't know what to say. I mean, what job did you do in order to save money? I'm sorry for everything." Her gentleness becomes more vivid on her eyes. I even felt a heart hug from her. "We have everything, you can ask whatever you want honey. I'll always be here for you no matter what." She said.

"Wait, wait, why don't we stop here." She motioned here arm to go inside of the coffee shop.

We sitted on a table for two. She ordered some coffee for herself and I stick with a frappe.

"So want to give me some details about what happened to you? I know at this point it may be hard for you to tell but honey I really need to know." She plead. I take a deep breathe as I begin to remember everything. "It's sad on the first few days mom, I even can't understand why I survived there." I started. She pushed her coffee on the center and pulled my hand on hers. "Go on honey, I'll listen." She encouraged.

"I was placed on this small room for 3 days, both hands tied up and my feet are also tied on a chair. It's like I'm paralyzed for there ties just calling for someone to help me when I need to pee or I'm going to eat." I could feel the lump of on my throat when I stopped there. My mother started to put more pressure on my hands. I could feel the warmth of her hands. That somehow suits my nervousness. As I continue, "I almost cried the whole day just wondering if I'd still be alive the next dey. Those men didn't talk much. After that they removed the ties and I was able to move around that small room. I plead for them to release me but it didn't help. One of them always slaps me and even shouts directly on my ears. He's a demon. I wish I could kill him when I can get out of there. But there's this man, I know he has something to do with the situation I'm in, but he can't afford to see me being maltreated there." And from that point my heart started to ache. "After a year of being imprisoned, I escape there because of him. He told me to just cooperate with him. At first I didn't trust him but he's really persistent so I just agreed. He said his sorry for ruining my life and he told me his name, it was Duncan."

My mom nods and I can't take it anymore, a tear fell on my cheek as the next event come unintendedly. "When I was going to run and save my life, I thought he's going with me. I was wrong, I'm just 13 at that time and don't know what life I'll be getting through this escape or from which town I was. He gives me a small paper and just instructed me to call the number written if I got a chance to see a payphone and just say his name. He handed me some money and to complete the plan, he pushed me outside the old house and I started to run away as fast as I can. At that time the other guy wasn't there and he get that opportunity for me to escape."

I started to sniffed a little. My mom suddenly interjects, "Honey, don't feel bad about it, he --" But I didn't let her say the word, I know it's a mean one. "Mom, he's a bad guy indeed turned into a good one. He may went the wrong way for money for his family but it killed him saving me."

Her mouth hangs with no other emotions seen but shocked. And again, I continued, "When I was running just a few yards, I heard a gun shot. He told me not to look back at him no matter what, but I needed to see it. And I did. I look back and there I saw him still standing but he slowly drops off the ground mom. His shirt was madly soaked with blood." I said to her fast And I didn't stop myself from crying. I pulled my hands from her gripped and try to cover my face.

-----
Vote or comment.