Chapter 5 - Beautiful Soul

Vladimir's POV

He thinks of you even you didn't see him every day.

"Wow, how nice you got there Vlad. You didn't disappoint us with that kick." Vince's high pitched voice approach me as I got inside the bar area. There's a small entrance there to go inside the locker room for the employees. He followed me walking down the small hall until I face my small locker.

I just shrug at him and he plastered a small smile.

"So why here?" He asked nonchalantly. I don't talk to others much here. I just wanted to save up and resign immediately not wanting to have any friends. My life would be a silent-bitch if that happens. But as I came here, he always ask things that he must not need to know. He's a shallow guy so he won't stop until I answer him.

"I just need some money to support my studies." I answered him directly of my purpose. I open my locker and pull out a plain, black, v-neck shirt. I was sweaty after the song and it makes me feel uncomfortable with my recent shirt.

Honestly, that was the real reason why I need to have another job aside from my apprenticeship at Warren's pub. I guess he already had the idea of that by the way, because he already asked that question thrice. I just started here last Friday and working here like 6 hours a day was never a problem. Good thing the manager let me choose my duty days because they badly needed an entertainer on stage. He said they had this one guy named Cyrus who owns the stage for the longest time until me. We didn't even meet yet but I'm looking forward of meeting him. Guess having one who knows and does what you want wasn't bad to meet at all.

"Oh, what a nice bad guy we had here." And I'm snapped from my thoughts. What did he just say?

I look at him on the eyes hard as I could. I don't want a fight especially at work, but this guy can't just shut up and keep his comments on his own. I just came down here to refresh. I have another round after 15 minutes and him making rude comments about me makes my blood boil at a certain degree.

"Do you have any problem with that?" I said to him with a strong gut. He needs to know where he stands and we're not even friends. I stand in front of him close enough to make him see what I'm going to do. Then an idea came from my marvelous mind, I started to pull my shirt off still staring strong on his blue eyes. He widen his gaze and ittlowerd down my torso. That's it. He lose every ounce of his curiosity he had. He suddenly run off of the small room. I just wanted him to see what he meant of a 'nice-bad guy' he's talking about. I wore my new shirt shaking my head from my early amusement. And that was just a joke. I can't keep myself from smiling anymore and my smile turns into a loud laugh. Now I know what he is.

*****

I finished another round with a smile. It really makes me whole when I sing. The whole bistro was already packed up. I thought Chris was just lying about the AM rush that he was saying. I was surprised, I don't have a fixed money here. He said my salary would depend on the number of customers entering his establishment. He's wise, customers may come and go, he even have an entance fee for each person.

I was not the one closing his bistro so I can leave here already by now. My on the motorcycle was just parked on the back lot of the bistro. She's safe their than parked on the front area.

"Chris!" I shout at him to get his attention. Chris is the owner of this bistro. I just met him from a common friend. He's standing in the front of the bar leaning backward with his shot glass at hand. We'll that's a privilege being the owner of this bar. You can drink whatever you want.

"Hey, Vlady boy." He said backing at me. He raise his shot glass, may be offering me to have some.

"I'm good." I replied to him. I already had 3 from earlier. It's enough for me to warm up. "I just wanted to say that I have to go, that's all."

"Don't want to stay for awhile? The people are so many tonight and thanks to you." He pointed on my chest. It's not that because of me. It's just about the timing may be.

"No." I frankly said to him. "My mother's still waiting for me. Hope you won't mind? And by the way sure." But as proud as I could be, I only said that.

"Hahaha, very funny. But sure be there on the next gig. See you." He said I just nod to him and I head out of his bistro. I look at my watch and it's almost 1 in the morning. Hope mum had already fallen asleep by now. If she'll always wait for me around this time, she won't manage to have a good night sleep. I head outside the streets and pulled my motorcycle out of the back lot. I put on my helmet on and started to kicked. My headlight beams and I started to drive it.

Driving around the city this late is really new to me. Back before I was this responsible, I used to come home only in the morning when the sun had already shown and making my eyes squint. But I just want to left it behind. Now I'm doing this for myself and for my mother. She's the only family I have and I don't want to make her worried about me especially on my studies.

It's quite freezing at this point and my leather jacket wasn't that thick to protect me from cold. I stopped at the crossing putting my feet on the ground as I wait for the go signal. As my gaze spotted something not from where I stand. A black muscle car was illegally parked beside the crossing. There are 5 men making a small circle and not only that I also heard someone calling for help. It looks like he's already helpless.

"Somebody, please! I'm sorry I'll pay you whenever I got my money." The man shouted. One guy started to kick him on the stomach and my body heaten up.

I parked my motorcycle not too far from where they're beating up the poor man. I let it stand and remove my helmet. I walk towards them. I need to help him.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I shouted at them.

"Get away from here kid. You'll be on big trouble if you stay here." The guy with beard said. They all had their black suits fitted. It looks like a uniform of them.

"He's old. You shouldn't---" I didn't finished my sentence as the one guy with glasses pointed a pistol right on the front of my head. I raised my hands square, thinking of what might I do. I hadn't had my gun here.

"Go." He just plainly said. I walk around still my hands square. His gaze are extremely on fire and the street lights are the only one shinning on us.

"Go son. I won't shoot you. Just save up your ass up." He said again loud and clear. I'm weighing my chances of getting out of troubke or help the old man but as I stop my pace. I suddenly run fast towards him and I hear a loud a single fire of
A pistol.

*****
A/N: Oh no.