Chapter 4 - The Missing Piece

Rebecca's POV

Never been kissed, never been touched, but totally damaged.

"Honey, I'm sorry again. Okay? Now I'm feeling dizzy of what you told me. I'm apparently sad about it. We tried everything to find you. Those years that your not on my sight are torture." She said on my hair. We're like this since I cried and I don't know what other customer's here are thinking about us. This day supposed to be a happy one and now it went already wrong. Some part of my heart still aches retelling them of what happened to me but the cry help out partially recovering from my misery.

"Mom, he died. He died and his family are still waiting for him to comeback." I said to her. She let go of me and stared on my flushed face and dumped cheek. Mom pulled off a small smile knowing that everything will be okay now.

"We can't do anything right now. You only knew his name and there's a lot of people named Duncan in this state." She manage to sound reasonable because she already was hinted about what I wanted to do. I wanted to find his family and at least let them know what really happened to him.

"I know Mom." I simply replied, but deep on my thoughts, whether you wanted it or not, I'm going to find them on my own.

She wipe my cheeks gently and slowly kissed my forehead. "Okay. You need to lighten up. I won't let you stick on that from this day on. Okay?"

We're silent for awhile until we decided to take out our orders.

-----

We came home late because of the heavy traffic. I don't know why Mom was bothered about us coming home after 8. She was never particular about time when she was coming at home. On the past, she always went home when it's already past my  bedtime. I can feel her coming to my bedroom and giving me my goodnight kiss.

The car is now taking it's turn towards the mansion. A few moments the gates open and it moves swiftly towards it. I hold her hand and started to squeeze it.

"Mom, is there something bothering you?" I asked her. She give me a huge smile and started to interlaced our hands.

"Not that big honey, butI just promised your dad that we will always be together when we take our dinner. It's almost 9." She answered. I felt my heart cartwheels from her words. I know we really meant that important to her.

"He won't be mad. I know he'll understand." I smiled at her. I thought they're getting cold towards their relationship but I know they love each other.

She only nods not letting the smile fade.

Fred opens the door and we get out of the car. There's a 10 steps stairs before our main door and we slowly walk up. I just followed her looking back at our shopping bags being held by Fred.

My Mom opened the door and the maids bows whenever she walks past by them. I was still on her back following her. I know she wants us to go to the diner quick. And I'm right. We take turns towards the diner and upon seeing the table, three persons are vivid on my site. My dad, my brother, Lawrence and my --- it's Adam.

-----

Vladimir's POV

This Romeo is bleeding
But you can't see his blood
It's nothing but some feelings
That this old dog kicked up

I'm trying to focus on the lyric I'm singing right now. It's like this song never crossed my mind to be sang out for a lot of people.

It's been raining since you left me
Now I'm drowning in the flood
You see I've always been a fighter
But without you I give up

I know the lyrics but I didn't felt the urge to contemplate about it, not until now. The people around me seems so drowned by their own thoughts and me on the other hand felt the squirm of the butterflies from the vodka I chunk up earlier.

Now I can't sing a love song
Like the way it's meant to be
Well, I guess I'm not that good anymore
But, baby, that's just me

It's the story of a man who somehow I recognized.

And I will love you, baby, always
And I'll be there forever and a day, always
I'll be there 'til the stars don't shine
'Til the heavens burst and the words don't rhyme
And I know when I die,
You'll be on my mind
And I'll love you always

I hold the mic tightly with hands and shut my eyes for a moment.

Now your pictures that you left behind
Are just memories of a different life
Some that made us laugh, some that made us cry
One that made you have to say goodbye
What I'd give to run my fingers through your hair
To touch your lips, to hold you near
When you say your prayers, try to understand
I've made mistakes, I'm just a man

I close my eyes as my voice slowly hits the notes.

When he holds you close, when he pulls you near
When he says the words you've been needing to hear
I'll wish I was him 'cause those words are mine
To say to you 'til the end of time

And they hear me out.

Yeah, I will love you, baby, always
And I'll be there forever and a day, always

If you told me to cry for you
I could
If you told me to die for you
I would
Take a look at my face
There's no price I won't pay
To say these words to you

Well, there ain't no luck
In these loaded dice
But, baby, if you give me just one more try
We can pack up our old dreams and our old lives
We'll find a place where the sun still shines

And I will love you, baby, always
And I'll be there forever and a day, always
I'll be there 'til the stars don't shine
'Til the heavens burst and the words don't rhyme
And I know when I die,
You'll be on my mind
And I'll love you, always

Some are still lost in their worlds and some claps their hands as I bow after the song. I remove my earpiece and got down of the stage. I don't care if they heard me at all but I'm happy to voice out whatever I have. Yes, I found the job and it somehow suits me. The truth is that, this is me. This is the real me.

-----

A/N: I wish I could hear him actually sing it. Hope you like this chapter. ^_^

Can you guess the song?