Firsts

The only awkward thing about going on a first date with Charlie is the fact that I live with him.

"Oops, sorry," I mutter as I bump into his shoulder in the bathroom doorway. He chuckles before disappearing into the linoleum room. I dart into my room, thoroughly embarrassed. With they way tonight is looking, I'm not going to o have to worry about putting blush on.

I add the finishing touches to my lipgloss and mascara based makeup before giving myself a once over in the mirror. Two hours ago I was torn between a casual white lace dress or a little red number, but after my run in with Fieti, red is not one of my more favored attires anymore.

A knock on the door catches my attention.

"Eliza? You almost ready?" Charlie's voice calls from the other side.

"Yeah!" I reply, slipping my black flats on and rushing to the door.

"Wow, you look," he gestures up and down as he tries to find the words.

"You clean up pretty alright yourself," I smirk, batting him with my clutch before heading downstairs.

He takes me downtown to this little outdoor eating area. The candlelight dinner tables contrast the bluish black night.

"Table for two," Charlie informs the host. She guides us to a table near the corner of the short black wrought iron fence. The restaurant itself is exposed brick with vines growing up the side.

A waitress stops at our table, setting breadsticks in the center before writing down our drinks.

"This is really nice," I smile over at Charlie.

"I thought you might like it." A light smile crosses his features.

Taking a breadstick, I break it in half before taking a bite.

"So do you know what you want?" Charlie looks up from his menu only to chuckle at the sight of me stuffing my face with the bread.

"Spaghetti?" My words come out muffled.

"I think I will too, so you like the bread huh?" His eyes twinkle.

"It's so buttery," I blush.

"Are you two ready to order," the waitress sets down our glasses and pulls out a pen and paper.

"We'll have spaghetti," Charlie replies.

She nods as she scribbles down our order before walking away.

"You know what I didn't think about?" I feel a tinge of pink burn at my face.

"What?" Charlie furrows his eyebrows.

"I ordered spaghetti and I'm wearing white. Oh! You know what? They say spaghetti is one of the worst foods to order on a first date," I freeze as I realize I'm using a breadstick in my hand gesture. Swallowing harshly I force a right smile before setting it down and tucking my hands in my lap.

"You're so beautiful," Charlie's gaze watches me steadily. My eyes fly up to meet his.

"The way the candlelight makes you look like a goddess and the way you are so carefree and bubbly, makes the most beautiful combination," he smiles.

"Your eyes give you away," I blurt.

"What do you mean?" He quirks his brow.

"They're very expressive. Hard to read but very expressive. Everyday I love to watch the roller coaster they go through and try to depict what's going on," my mouth carries on without my control, but I'm beginning to not care. I like this open and free feeling he gives me.

"You're very real. You're out there and honest and true to yourself unlike the girls at school. Even Margy can be a bit... Plastic from time to time," the light dances in his irises.

"Here you two go," the waitress sets two steamy plates of noodles and sauce in front of us. "I'll be back to check on you, if you need anything ask." She states before walking off.

"Mmm it smells so good," I deeply inhale my food.

"Are you going to eat it or breathe it?" He chuckles.

I roll my eyes, sending him a look before twisting the noodles on to my fork and slurping them up. One noodle decides to swing back up and hit my on the cheek, causing Charlie to burst out laughing. I pout as my date takes a napkin and wipes my cheek clean.

Noisily and messily we eat our food, and by we I mean me. Charlie got a kick out of watching me while he ate his meal elegantly.

"I just think it's funny that you managed to hit every section of your face at least twice," Charlie smiled as he turned the corner and pressed on the gas.

"Some gentleman, laughing at his date the whole ride home." I cross my arms and stare out the window.

"Oh come on, you're not really mad at me are you?" He stops the car in the drive.

Silently I climb out and storm toward the door. Behind me I hear him kill the ignition, slam the door shut, and jog after me.

"Eliza, I thought we were having fun," he unlocks the door.

"We were," I turn my nose up as I continue past him and up the stairs. He rushes after me and stops me from opening my bedroom door.

"Eliza..." His eyes stare me down. "I had fun, I'm sorry I teased you so much, it was just so cute. I couldn't believe I was on a date with you," his hand resting on mine as it rests on the doorknob. A moment of silence passes between us as we stare at each other. I can feel heat pulsing from the contact of his hand.

Without thinking I crash my lips on his, my hands finding his hair. His arms wrap tightly around my waist as we barge through my door. We shuffle over to my bed, sparks flying everywhere.

I let out a hum as we land on the soft mattress, his body falling on mine. My lips find his neck and he groans before unzipping my dress.

We break apart only briefly to remove one article of clothing at a time.everytime our flesh meets it burns in a euphoric way, our breathing becomes desperate as we shift further onto the bed.

"I-" Charlie starts.

"What," I pause to look at him. He stares at me. Moment, his eyes shifting various unreadable emotions.

"Are you sure?" He looks down at me.

"Charlie, I'm not a virgin," I reply.

"I know but is this how you want our first time?"

I remember back in the hallway, he'd said he didn't want to move too fast.

"I'm sure. Who cares how fast we move, I'm ready. Everything with you feels right." He stops to stare at me as I contemplate if I had said the right thing or not. Is gaze burns before he crashes his lips into mine. His lips carried down to my neck, leaving little nibbles, I let out a moan and right then, nothing else mattered.