Prologue

Prologue:

Setting:
New York City
2: 25 A. M.
New York's Finest Club "Lavo"

We had entered from the back of the club. The bouncer in the back had let us in without any problem, considering we've killed for this club. I like to consider us the "Assassins" but to everyone else we're known as "The Criminal Siblings." My twin brother, Armani Alexio, nickname is "Reckless." Everyone knows why he's called that because they know he's does everything recklessly and doesn't care for the consequences. I, myself, am Lorelei Analise, also known as "Ruthless." Apparently, to everyone I'm a "Cold hearted Bitch." Maybe that's true but I'm, also, very smart. I'm the one who comes up with the plans for my brother and I before we do missions. We are, like, the FBI with a Criminal's mind.

We wore all black to conceal our identity. That's what we do so we can stay protected. The cops and the media have no idea what we look like but just know that it's one man and one woman having a "killing spree," in their words.

Tonight we're looking for Thomas Phillips aka The Reptile. He's a bad guy but to everyone he's this sane, wealthy, positive man. Since he came to this state, he's been sending his men out to murder low income families. I swear, that's all wealthy people care about...is money. The club owner, Major, told us he'd be here tonight and that it was a good chance to kill him then. I hear he didn't have that many men with him today. That man walks around this state with tons of bodyguards everyday. And, that's why tonight is perfect. He's surrounded by people so he won't even know what happened. Plus, I got the silencer on both my guns; so he won't even hear what happened.

I crept over towards the owner's office, where I can have a visual of the whole club.

"Lore!" I flinched as Armani's voice flooded my ears through the earpiece.

I immediately turned it down, glaring at the crowd of people dancing and drinking, minding their own business. "What?" I hissed. "You scared the heck out of me!"

"Get focus, Lore!" He shouted.

"Jeez, I am if you could stop yelling."

"Sorry, I thought you wouldn't be able to hear me from the loud music." He apologized. "Anyways, I got a visual of them locked in."

"Where?"

"The east of the club. He's in the VIP section. There's four guards standing in front of him but I'm sure there's more." He informed.

I scanned around until I see them for myself. He, indeed, was sitting in the VIP section with two men on the left and two men on the right. He had a few ladies in there with him. There was another man sitting next to him looking as if he's on high alert. From the looks of him, his skin is very pale as the neon lights bounced off of him perfectly. As far as I could see, his eyes are pitch black. And, his clothing, he had on a long black trench coat, a black shirt, and, I believe, black pants also. Who is this guy?

Before I knew it, his eyes connected with mines. Oh, shit. I quickly ducked down, shielding myself behind the dancing drunkies. I pressed the button on the earpiece, "There's another man with him. I don't recognize him. He caught me looking, too. What should I do?"

"You're the smart one here." He muttered. "Continue on with the plans."

"Fine. Make sure you remember what you're supposed to do."

"Alright."

I slowly lifted myself up and saw that the man was no longer accompanying Phillips. And, his men aren't paying attention, at all. I can tell that their focus are on these women dancing than their actual job. I saw Phillips stand up, and from the looks of it, excusing himself from the ladies before squeezing himself through the crowd. It almost looked like he was coming towards me but then I noticed that the restroom is right by the owner's office. Quickly trying to find a hiding spot, I decided to stand in front of Major's door as if I was his bodyguard, since there was nowhere else to hide.

Phillips finally made his way through the crowd and for a second we made eye contact but then he went inside the bathroom. "Alright, Mani, he just went into the bathroom."

"Okay, I'm on my way to you."

"Look for that man."

"I will."

I moved from Major's door before walking in front of the men's restroom door before shooting the door a few times before I was abruptly pinned up against the wall in so much force. I grunted in pain as a hand was on my neck, choking me. My legs were dangling. I had nowhere to go.

I finally looked down at the person who had me pinned against the wall, and it was that man. He had a mean smirk on his face. "I can't let you do that."

I tried to play innocent. "Do what?"

He chuckled and it was very violent to the ears. "Don't play sweet, little girl. I know who are you and I know what you do. And, you were planning on killing my business partner, am I right?"

Building up some courage as I saw Mani making his way through the crowd towards us. "And, I know what you are." That statement instantly took him off guard. His eyes slightly widen as if it was sacred to know what he is. He is human, right? Barely? Rarely?

"You don't know nothing!" He hissed at me.

Out of nowhere, Mani came in and tackled the man to the ground. I dropped to the ground, coughing, trying to catch my breath. The water in my eyes filled them, blurring my vision as I seen Phillips running out of the bathroom. I grabbed Mani's gun as it dropped on the floor before shooting towards Phillips. The sound instantly frightened everyone and they began to run for the door.

Still on the floor, I turned to the man and Mani, only to see the man choking Mani nearly half to death. Despite my blurry vision, I stood up and roundhouse kicked him in the face, which took him off his guard. I hit a back flip, landing one of my legs, down his arm, breaking it completely off in the process. He let out an ear piercing scream but Mani and I didn't stick around to see how he was afterwards as we darted towards the back exit.

Making it out, we quickly got into my car and sped off. We didn't speak; so the ride home was very quiet. I pulled up at the house and parked on the curb before turning the car off and looking at Mani for the first time since we made it to the car. "I think we should get out of the city, Mani. I don't know what the hell that thing was but it was unnatural. And, I don't want to stay around to know what he'd do if he found out where we live." I paused from my ranting before taking a deep breath. "We should pack as much stuff as we can and leave. As soon as we find somewhere else to stay, somewhere out of the state, we can have mom and dad send the rest of our belongings."

He nodded. "You're right. I'll go in and pack."

"Oh, hell no. You're not leaving me out here by myself in the car. That's how people get killed."

He tried to laugh but ended up stopping. "Let's hurry up, then."

We quickly got out the car and I left it running. I unlocked the house door and we proceeded to our rooms to pack all we could. I pulled my four suitcases out of my closet and began to fill them up with my things. When I finished, I announced that I was going to the car to put my suitcases in there so Mani could know. I walked quickly to the car, looking all around. Frantically, I threw my suitcases in the car before running in the house. Taking a breath of relief that I survived that. I ran back up to my room and grabbed my pillows and covers before bringing down the stairs.

Mani was waiting at the door. "You got all your stuff?"

He nodded. Probably too afraid to talk again.

"Did you get some food? I don't think we should stop to eat."

"Hold on." Was all he said before going into the kitchen. I stood at the door as I heard him rummaging through stuff before he finally shut the kitchen door. "Let's go."

We hurried outside and I locked the door. We quickly made it to the car and I opened the passenger side door before throwing him the keys after he threw the rest of his things in the back. We got in and drove off quickly.

After being on the road for at least an hour, I heard Mani ask, "Where are we supposed to go?"

I shrugged. "Far away from New York City." And, with that I fell right asleep.