Washington

Chapter |: Washington

This is about the fifth time I asked A. J. where we were. But, this time he actually gave me a straight forward answer.

"We're in Washington."

I nodded my head and leaned back before sitting up quickly. "Washington? That's like right down the street from the city, you fool!" I went to go slap the back of his head, like I normally do when he does something so idiotic, but he pushed me away without even looking my direction.

He shook his head. "Not DC, L. J. We're in Olympia, Washington."

My eyes instantly scanned the scenery outside the window. It indeed looked like the same state of Washington I remembered when I saw this old TV show called, Washing Downtown. But, this is more realistic and vibrant. The window was fogged up, so you know that the weather is bad here.

I scoffed with a little chuckled. "We sure are far away from the city."

A. J. nodded with a small laugh. "Yeah, I know."

I turned on the radio and frowned. All this hill Billy shit. I turned the stations and still nothing's good on so I left it off. We continued to drive for an hour or two before coming to a stop when we pulled up at this medium sized, blue house. I glanced at A. J. mentally asking, 'How the hell did you get this house so quick and we just left?'

"A friend of mine let me borrow it. He's on a business trip and won't be back in a few weeks."

"What business trip is he on? I need his job." I muttered, jokingly. "So, it's already furnitured and everything, right?"

"Oh, yeah. Televisions, computers, internet, about five bedrooms, a huge kitchen, a decent sized living room. The list goes on."

I was about to rush out the car but stopped myself. "How do you know what's in here?"

"You ask a lot of questions." I gave him a pointed look. "Okay, remember when I told you that I was going to Vegas that week for Roman's bachelor party?" I nodded. "Yeah, well, we came here to see my boy, Jesse. We stayed there for that night and then we flew out to Vegas the next day."

I hummed. "Come on. You got the key?"

"Nah, I think we going to have to wait for Jess to get back." He said, sarcastically. "The key is under the mat over there in front of the door."

"Okay." I opened the door quickly. "Get all the bags out."

"Alright." He paused. "Aye!"

I hopped out of the car and shut the door before he could continue then walked to the front of the door. I lifted the mat up and the small gold key rested there. Picking it up, I unlocked the door and walked in Heaven itself, well maybe not that good. That house was medium size outside but inside it's huge and nice.

I went up the stairs, looking at the pictures hanging on the wall. I kept seeing the same guy in each of the. So, my guess is that's Jesse. He sure is a fine man. His skin's tannish. His eyes are a light shade of sky blue and he surely has great taste in style, considering this house and his clothing in the pictures.

I continued going up until I saw the first door. I opened it and it was empty, well not empty empty, but it barely had a lot in there. It had a bed, two dressers, and a television. I opened the closet door and it was empty. Guess that'll be A. J's room.

I left out that room and shut the door after me. I went to the next room and opened the door. Now, this is a room for me. Royal Blue colored walls, a large bed set, two dressers, vanity mirror, etc. I opened the closet and there was nothing in it. Yeah, this is definitely my room.