The Cullens

Chapter ||: The Cullen's

Waking up early, I had called Bella and we agreed to meet at this diner. After I had gotten dressed in some grey sweats, UGG boots, a pink shirt with a hoodie over it, I had invited AJ to come along but he had some errands to run. He dropped me off at the diner and I walked in, ignoring the weird, childish guys, in front of the diner, trying to gain my attention. 

Sitting down at an empty booth, I waited patiently for a waiter to come to the table. A brown-skinned woman walked over with a warming smile. "Hi, I'm Karen, I'll be your waiter this morning. What can I get you?" 

Glancing at the menu, I ordered something simple. "I'll take a Garden Burger with a chocolate shake."

"You got it." She said as she wrote it down. She looked up from the notepad as she finally examined my face. "You must be new?" Her smile never faltered.

Nodding my head with a smile of my own. "I am. Just moved here yesterday."

"Well, whenever you're hungry come by."

"I'll keep that in mind." I said just as the bell above the diner's door chimed, notifying that someone had entered. 

"I'll be right back with your food...." 

"Lorelei." 

She nodded before turning around. "Bella. I'll be right with you."

"Oh, no need. Um...I'm just waiting on Lorelei."

"Okay." 

Before the lady could walk away fully, Bella reached for her to stop but didn't exactly touch her. "But, can you bring me a glass of water?"

"No problem."

Bella thanked her before sitting down in front of me. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. I'm just interested in exploring this town more."

"Its really not much to this side but more so on the other side of town."

"Tell me more about Forks. Is there something I need to know?"

"Its divided."

"Divided?"

"From the cold, warm, and hot."

Clenching my eyebrows together in confusion, I started to ask what did she mean but Karen came over with my food and our drinks. I decided to leave it alone for now. "Garden burger with a chocolate shake." Karen announced as she placed the plate and cup down. She turned to Bella and placed a cup of water down in front of her. "Glass of water." We thanked her as she curtly nodded her head before parting ways to help another.

 After praying over my food, I began eating. "Did you eat already or something?"

"Well, I ate last night and it holds me for about a few days."

"Shit. What the hell did you eat? I need that, considering that I'm hungry all the time."

She chuckled. "Believe me... You wouldn't have the appetite for it."

"So," I took a large bit into the burger before chewing then swallowing. "Where are we going first?"

"First, I need to pick up my daughter then take her to La Push. After that, we'll start exploring."

"You have a daughter?"

She nodded her head. "She's growing very, very fast."

I laughed. "How old is she?"