Jessica: Chapter Seven

The next day I'm sitting in drama class, reading a Shakespeare script called Twelfth Night. The movie "She's the Man" is based on it. I read it in grade eight, but Shakespeare's characters never cease to amaze me. Out of the corner of my eye I see Mr. Stevens and Rosanna watching something on the computer, probably preparing the next school play. Link is in the corner of the room typing something on his laptop. Beside me, Ross is half asleep and Shelby and Jason are sprawled on the floor beside him, Jason bobbing his head to the music on his headphones and Shelby taking notes on her tablet.

I'm just about to flip the page to the final act when Link gets up and leaves. He comes back a few seconds later with a small stack of paper, presumably something he printed. After going into the sound booth to say something to Mr. Stevens, he comes back and clears his throat. Everyone gets up and Shelby makes the sleepy Ross sit up.

"Hey everybody!" Link says after he is confident that he has everyone's attention. "So as you know, I've been working on a small project. This project is really a trip that the Arts presidents have been working on together."

"I think my music teacher told us about this." Jason whispers to me. I smile at him and turn back to Link, who's about to continue.

"We've found a program that will let us take Arts students around the world to some amazing places. We've chosen to go with the musicians and the artists on a small tour."

Someone in our class 'whopped'. It was Adande. A few of his friends laughed and Ross grinned at them.

"Make that a big tour!" Rosanna calls emerging from the sound booth with Mr. Stevens. "The music, art, and drama kids are going on a movie tour in a few places! We've chosen Rome, England and Toronto and a few other places to explore as well as watch a few plays and interview some people!"

"Way to steal the spotlight, Ro." Link mutters. He acts annoyed but we can see him smiling.

"Anytime!" She giggles.

"Anyways, we will have a limited amount of people to bring, and it will be expensive, so if you want to come, pick up a form by the door after class." Link continues. "The whole trip will be about two weeks, a few days at each of our destinations and a few to travel"

"And depending on the amount to students coming, non-arts students can come, so feel free to tell your roommates." Mr. Stevens adds as the bell rings.

"I'm doing it." Jason says as we pack up our stuff.

"Same." I declare.

"Ross, my mom's gonna call your mom." Shelby says matter of factly. They're cousins, which we were told when Lizzie tried to ship them. They laughed it off, of course, but I'm sure Lizzie's still a little embarrassed.

"Fine by me. She'll probably let me go."

"Jason, are you asking Joel?" I ask. Joel and Lizzie are from London, and I know I'll invite Lizzie. And if other Jason's free I'll ask him too.

"Probably. You're inviting Liz?"

"Yep." I say grabbing a few forms.

"Adam and Alesa should see this." Ross says. "It's the ultimate date."

"Aww! That's adorable!" Shelby says giggling with her cute voice. We take our forms and leave.

When I propose the idea to Lizzie she calls Joel and Jason's room. Joel has agreed to come and she hangs up excited as ever. Then I take a moment to invite my best friend, other Jason.