☼ three ☼

calum; 10:12 PM
luke; 9:12 AM

calum;

"okay, so what do you think?" calum asks, walking around his new room with his phone on his hand, showing it to luke through their daily face-time call. after finishing, he flips the camera to the front-face option.

after a week of staying in a hotel, calum had decided he would just get an apartment of his own. hotels weren't really his thing, and the couple staying in the room next to him was really, really getting on his nerves. let's just say they were really loud. he had the enough money saved to get his own place and he just started working on this coffee place that payed him well enough, so why not?

right now, his department was brand new, since he had only gotten it yesterday. the walls were painted a soft baby blue color that reminded calum of luke's eyes. on the far corner of the room, a bed covered in white sheets was pushed against the wall. he had already tapped up some posters on the wall, and a few polaroids of he and luke, luke, his family and even some of luke's dog, molly. and some of the different places he used to go with luke back in sydney.

there was a door on the other side of the room that led to a nice and small kitchen. there was only a microwave and a mini fridge calum had bought a few hours ago, which was packed with a pack of coke and a bag of 50 pizza rolls that he will probably end up eating in just one day.

there was a tiny bathroom where you could hardly move, but the black-haired boy felt satisfied with what he had. it was definitely better than that paper-thin-walls hotel.

"it's cute," luke says, smiling, molly laying on his lap. "it seems cozy. and lonely. you should get a dog."

calum climbs onto his bed and presses his back against the cold wall. he brings his knees up to his chest and holds the phone in front of his face, resting his elbow on his knee for support. "i can't take care of a dog. i can hardly take care of myself."

luke smiles, petting molly's head softly. "then get a fish, you don't really have to take care of them. you just feed them and make sure they aren't dead."

calum makes a face and grabs his phone with his other hand, letting the other one rest on his thigh. "i don't want a fish."

luke hums and makes that face he always makes when he's deep in thought. calum smiles. "then get a girlfriend."

"that's even more hard work than a fish or a dog, luke." calum states, thinking back about his ex-girlfriend, sarah. that girl was a real pain the ass.

luke runs a hand through his hair, pushing it back before letting it fall flatly against his forehead again. calum wants to reach and brush it out of his face like he'd always do.

luke then beams and squeals, making molly open her eyes and jump. "oh, sorry, mol." luke hugs her tight against his chest before placing a kiss to the top of her head. "anyways, you should go roommate haunting! that'd be fun."

now that calum thinks about it, a roommate won't be half bad. that way he won't feel that alone at night, plus, it would be great if someone helped him pay the rent. london was some fancy expensive city. and maybe he could find someone with a netflix account that would be willing to share it with him. that'd be lit.

"that's actually a great idea." calum grins. "i want to hug you so much right now."

"let's hug virtually!" luke screams. calum shakes his head and laughs, agreeing.

"ready?" the blonde boy asks him, a big grin stretched across his mouth. "molly is gonna join us, too!"

calum nods, smiling too. this was ridiculous, but he loved it.

luke leans forward, bringing molly with him too, and hugs the computer, so the only thing calum can see is part of luke's black shirt and molly's golden hair. he laughs and hugs his phone to his chest, closing his eyes and letting his mind drift to the thought of how it felt to have luke's arms around him. he could almost feel him there, right there with him on his bed; with his blue eyes and warm touch.

"i love you, cal." he hears luke whispers. "molly loves you, too."

calum sighs. "love you guys more."

☼ ☼ ☼

i. can't. stop. updating. this. i am sorry (im rly not)

there will be another ship besides cake :D and no, it's not mashton :D

nothing too big tho, don't worry

i hardly ever proofread my chapters so sorry for any errors

– sophie