☼ ten ☼

calum; 10:21 AM
luke; 10:21 PM

luke;

"thanks for staying up with me," calum says with a smile on his face, no longer looking like a dead rat. actually, he's shining.

"it's only ten, it's no problem." luke says back with a smile just as big as his. and really, it was no biggie. he usually stays up until 5AM watching re-runs of dance moms or just reblogging stuff on tumblr that matches his aesthetic. god, his life is boring without calum.

"are you sure liz is okay with you staying up this late?" calum raises an eyebrow.

"liz isn't home." luke rolls his eyes and leans back against the headboard of his bed, letting his macbook rest on his lap.

calum smirks. "oh, is that so?"

"i'm not sending you nudes, calum." luke says, rolling his eyes, even though he knows calum is joking.

"oh, c'mon," calum dramatically throws his arms up in the air, before letting them fall down on his lap. "it's not like i haven't seen your c–"

"shut up!" luke screams, face red with embarrassment. fuck. "can we please not talk about that?"

"why not?" calum grins. "it was hot."

"it's embarrassing." luke answers and brings his knees up to his chest, memories flooding his mind and making him cringe. he shakes his head, trying to make his mind forget about it. "and you're not even gay, what the hell?"

"who says i'm not?" calum asks with his eyebrow raised, a playful smile latched to his lips.

"um, all the countless girls you've fucked?"

there's always this feeling that appears whenever they talk about girls. it burns and makes his chest hurt and insides twist. back when calum was still in sydney, he would go out every week and sleep with a new girl. he never told luke, though, but it was obvious; the bright marks on calum's neck pretty much gave it all away. and it burned and hurt more each time.

"yeah," calum laughs lightly, eyes squinted, shoulders shaking. "that's right."

luke frowns, just a little, but quickly covers it with a light chuckle. "yeah.."

"what about you, though?" calum asks. "any boys?"

luke suddenly feels nervous, a red color pooling on his cheeks as calum smirks at him. god, if only he knew.

"no, um," luke begins, mentally cursing himself for being so awkward about the topic. "i mean, i like this boy but he doesn't– he doesn't feel the same way."

at first, there's this look on calum's face that he can't clearly recognize – something between a frown and a scowl – but it soon melts into a bright, pretty smile (that looks kind of fake in luke's opinion, but he lets it slide). "you're amazing, i don't understand why he wouldn't. really, you are, like, the cutest person ever. although you do get pretty annoying at some times."

luke's blushing intensifies, he can feel it – the color burning on his cheeks. calum has this warm look on his eyes and smile and he's beautiful. and, yeah okay, calum may only mean it in a friendly way but that doesn't mean luke can't fantasize about calum actually liking him back.

"yeah, thank you. that won't change his feelings, though."

"you're amazing," calum repeats. "and it's his loss."

yeah. yours.

☼ ☼ ☼

this chapter was ?????¿?

anyways god bless my mom for letting me use my phone while she's getting her hair done she's the real MVP

goodbye now