Chapter 49

Time flew after the meeting. Things slowly started getting back to normal. Natalie and Luke left a week later after I showed them that I was alright and I was going to school and being social. Brayden went back to work and spent most of his free time with mom, he and Kelly really haven't been talking from what I hear from his phone conversations they have been nonstop fighting.  

It was now Spring break, and things were going good. After the meeting the High council and Striker 'interviewed' the rogues, a process that took two weeks before they came to their decision. They decided to allow him to start his own pack as long as they can monitor them. The high council picked out a location for them up in Washington in a nice little human community. They had bought their own land and are now building houses and a pack house up there. The rogues didn't have much money for the funding of the housing project so Preston and the High council decided to help pitch in. The pack house went up three weeks after the decision and the pack had moved up there and is slowly moving into the houses that are being built.  

The rules of agreement to this plan were that Preston would check up on them every now and then and then report to the High council. If any of the rogues went out of line and attacked another pack or human they would be immediately sent to the High council for either death or imprisonment. Striker would keep a book on all the pack information, who was in the pack and who lived where, everything just in case something happened to another pack and the rogue got away they could report to Striker and see if it was one of his. The place was isolated; the nearest pack was in the next state over.  

Striker took up his Alpha role and he was good at it. He was organized, fair, and strong, when I saw him talk to the pack after the High council made their decision I could see the adoration in their eyes. They were loyal to him and they trusted him, because they knew him and knew how good he was. I couldn't have been happier for him. We still keep in contact, when Preston goes to check up on him I tend to go along as well.  

After the decision was made we conducted the Luna ceremony. It was weird really and not as extravagant as Sasha explained it to me. It was short, maybe less than five minutes. Some long drawn out words were said the pack members agreed to have me as their Luna and boom I was in the pack and their leader as well. Gavin and Robin were also allowed in the pack. Most of the pack members were weary of them but some instantly took a liking to them.  

The whole pack knew of the mating between Robin and Scott, even if Robin didn't. But as time went on I could see her start warming up to him. I would see the lingering looks she gave him, the smile when she caught him doing something cute or funny. I knew that when the time was right they would be happy and mated.  

Sasha has been well... Sasha. She and Brayden have argued of course whenever she came over, but it was a little more tamed. She acted no differently than she did before and I loved her for it. She has been helping me with my training and making sure my wolf was still doing alright. She was the best motivator I have had over my wolf. 

My mom was still in the coma. The doctors were worried and the past few times I have visited her they wanted to talk about taking her off the machine, that she had a very low rate of survival. But we wouldn't allow it, the bills were killer but Brayden wasn't giving up hope. Just this week we actually transferred her out of the hospital and to one of the nursing homes since we wouldn't let the doctors cut the cord. The next best option for her was to be in a resting home where she will be taken care of better. Preston pulled some strings and allowed David to be our family doctor. He was the one that would check up on her and have her records the hospital gave him. He got her some physical therapy for her as she sleeps so her muscles wouldn't clamp down on her. 

Katy has gone back to her snotty ways; it was like the period with Jared never happened. Like I said things were going back to normal. So normal actually that when we gave our reports two days ago before spring break she humiliated me in the class once again. I didn't mind it actually only because it wasn't as embarrassing as I thought she would do. I mostly ignored her and the rest of the student body.