Chapter 4

(Dee's brides maid dress) --->

"Ouch." I winced again; I was at the salon getting my eyebrows plucked and my nails done at the same time. 

After leaving the house I went to the hotel my sister and the rest of the party stayed at, only to be whisked away in the limo to the spa. Once at the spa we were each assigned a male for a full back massage. I threw a fit! There was no way this guy, a very handsome one at that was putting his hands on me. No way in hell. So I fought my sister and almost broke down crying to have a woman. Luckily, knowing my parcel fear of men she agreed. After a very relaxing massage we went to the salon part of the spa and were getting our nails and eyebrows done. 

I was surrounded by chatter and glowing faces. I wanted nothing more than to run away. There was a time I would like this, getting pampered and all pretty, but now it was my worst nightmare.  

"Sorry honey." The lady doing my brows said. I ignored her since she sounded annoyed and didn't really mean it. When she was finally done I pulled my glasses on and looked at myself. I didn't even need my eyebrows done; to me they didn't look that much different from before. I know that I stopped caring for makeup and all that stuff after... the accident. But I didn't let my personal grooming go to waste. This was all a waste of my time. 

"Hey maid of honor." My sister said plopping down next to me. She put her toes in the water to get prepped for a pedicure.  

"Hey sis," I said looking down at my own pedicured toes. The women doing it wasn't very gentle, it made me want to kick her in that smug face of hers every time I winced. 

"You missed the best bachelorette party." She sighed. "To bad you're 'too young'" She rolled her eyes at our brother's words. "But thank you for planning it; I'm sure you would have loved it! But thank god you didn't go! We needed someone with a clear head this morning..." She prattled on about their wild night of partying.  

I half listened as she told me all the details she could remember. I love my sister don't get me wrong, but after hearing about her wild night three times in a row, got pretty annoying. And I didn't have the heart to tell her to shut up. After last night I wasn't really ready to get into the wedding party mode. I was all partied out from last night 

After finally getting my nails done they finally began working on my hair. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................ 

"Ok, now open." Sarah, the hair stylist said. 

I opened my eyes and blinked at my reflection. It was just like last night, I looked like the old me. My auburn hair was styled into soft curls that cascaded down my shoulders and reached my hips. I was growing my hair out so I could cut it and donate it to locks of love. So far it was growing perfectly, just a few more inches then it will be set to cut. They had put a diamond barrette in my hair, pining some hair back to show my heart shaped face. 

"Wow," I said lifting a hand to touch it. 

"No touching." Sarah said slapping my hands away and grabbing a can of hairspray. She uncapped it and told me to cover my face. Doing as she instructed I covered my face as she sprayed my hair. 

"Perfect!" My sister squealed when she say me. I looked up and smiled, her hair was up in low side bun, her bangs were braided to they went into the bun; she had diamonds in her hair also. 

"Thanks," I smiled "Yours looks so pretty." I said, she looked good with her hair up. 

She beamed at me before grabbing my hand and towing me out of the salon. "Time to get back to the hotel. We are running out of time, the massages took up a lot more time than I thought. So we are having the makeup artist meet us at our room." She explained as we piled up into the limo.