Chapter 50

When I got home it was awkward to say the least and Brayden was surprised to see me. Not that he really cared because once I came home he immediately said he was tired and went to bed. He wouldn't even look at me when I came through the door. I knew instantly that everything wasn't good between us, heck I didn't even know if he liked me or not. 

Today wasn't any different he went to work at noon and ignored me for the rest of the day. I tried stopping him, telling him that we needed to talk but he wouldn't allow it. He just grabbed his jacket and stomped out of the house. Hurt and a little angry I found myself over at Sasha's. 

She wasn't doing so well; we were sitting on her bed watching Pride and Prejudice eating all form of chocolate and junk food. After she explained everything that happened that night I couldn't help but feel disappointed in both of them. I trusted her in going over there and helping him but to find out that they only got wasted and slept together... how could I not feel slightly betrayed. And now she's claimed, something she hasn't really talked about yet and I didn't know how to confront it. 

I look over at her and see her wiping her eyes as the credits roll. "I love this movie." She says clicking it off and finishing the last bite of chocolate ice cream. 

I sigh and get up and clear her bed from all the wrappers. "Can I ask you something?" I ask once everything is put in a bag and tied off. 

She sighs and leans further into her bed, her hands covering her face. "If you must." She mutters. 

"You know that I love you and forgive you right?" I ask prying her hands away from her face. Her face is red with embarrassment and her eyes are red rimmed and slightly puffy due to all the crying she did today when we talked through things. She nods her head. 

"Well there is one thing that we haven't talked about yet." I hint pointing to my own mark making her gulp and look down at her lap. "You need to talk about it because you don't have much time before the bond is complete. You can still get someone else to mark-" 

"No, I'm not doing that." She says look up at me. "Preston already gave me a list of wolves that have lost their mates or have been rejected. I will not do that; I will not cover up his mark." She says her voice hard. 

"Sasha, think about this!" I stress. "You won't have the opportunity to be happy with another male fully if you don't-" 

"I don't care." She whispers looking down at her lap before looking at me, tears pooling in her eyes once more. "That night... it changed everything but at least it made the truth come to light." She whispers. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask quietly. 

"Alcohol makes the truth come to light. He told me... gosh he told me so much." She says shaking her head. "And I know he felt it, the love everything. I know he did, he was the one who bit me first."  

"He was the one who said he loved me and bit me, it's all still a little fuzzy and I'm sure he doesn't remember since we were both plastered but in that moment. I knew he meant it, I may sound idiotic or desperate but I got to keep up my hope. Hope that maybe one day his feelings will change, that he will listen to his emotions and find a way back to me." She sobs lightly and wipes the tears from her face. "So I won't cover up his mark, if I have to live a lonely life then I will but I will still hope." 

"And what if he doesn't come-" 

"No, I can't think that way." She whispers before looking at me pleadingly. "Please can we just drop this? You won't understand what I'm going through because you have an amazing guy who loves you. Our situations are completely different, even my family doesn't understand my decision and they are the ones who are supposed to support me the most. But they don't understand." She says shaking her head. "I'm not going to do it."