Chapter 4 - Heading Off

I couldn't help but to crack a smile as I saw the way he looked at me, waiting for a reaction. Not getting what he wanted, the next thing I knew, he had slammed his lips to mine and nearly knocked all wind from my lungs. I struggled to keep my balance as his heavenly sensual lips glided along mine compassionately. The moment sending what felt like the burning of a fiery blaze soar around my veins before my head then face followed by my whole body was filled with a tingling ache for his presence. The moment seemed to have frozen forever, like nothing around us was happening yet decades passed in these few seconds.

"Are you trying to piss me off?" I smiled, pulling away slightly, my hands cupping his jaw line and my fingers tangled within his hair gently. "You're not right in the head Daryl. One minute you're trying to kill me, throwing blades at me and the next you're the complete opposite. What's up with that?" I asked smirking at my own remark.

"Yes," He said, answering my first question. "And you, like you're 100% right up there" He tapped his head then began to walk away but I kept still, holding my arm awkwardly, thinking about the comment. "You know I don't think anyone is anymore," I mentioned. He turned around and looked at me, squinting his eyes, confused by my assumption. "You know, with everything that's happened, it's messed up man. Wouldn't really be surprised if everyone's minds went down with it." I shrugged. He stared at me for a few seconds, probably thinking about my suggestion. I may have been wrong. It may be unrealistic but it was my view, and I believed in it.

Everyone was now up but I could still see the somnolence in the way the lumbered around, rubbing their eyes and squinting.

"Hey Shane!" I called over to him. He was chopping some thick branches of wood up. He looked over but didn't say anything. "We're going out for a couple days," I informed him. "Huh?" He asked, swinging the axe into a piece of wood then walking over, furrowing his brow in the sun. "Me and Daryl. We're going hunting for a few days." I stated as Daryl went into our tent to get our things. "Jacqui, Morales, T and Andrea are going into the city with Glenn to help him on his run today. If anything happens we'll obviously be short on able-bodied people and people with at least a bit of training in using a weapon to defend our camp." Shane retorted, walking over to me. "What if Merle dies here without all your protection?" "Merle can take care of himself," Daryl spat as I took our backpack off him. "No need, I'm going with 'me." Merle spoke up. "With who?" I asked, slinging the bag onto my shoulder. "Glenn's crew. Might as well preoccupy myself while you two are hitting it off in the woods." Merle smirked. "We're hunting." I asserted, flashing him a scowl. "Whatever then." Shane shrugged dusting off his hands and leaving us alone, going back to the axe. We grabbed out crossbows then ambled off into the forest we had just came from but this time further and further each day.