Chapter 34 - Hell Everywhere

Daryl POV

I couldn't stop beating myself up about it. About leaving her to that sicko in the cabin. I mean, yeah the world is different now but that doesn't give anyone the right to do that. It's not human.

Now she was asleep on my shoulder. I daren't move. I stayed completely still and let the dark play tricks on my eyes. What if Merle finds out? That's summit I'll never hear the end of. Layla actually got along with Merle, they were good friends. Him knowing I left her for dead would not go down well. He acted like he didn't give a shit but I knew that he would be pissed if he ever knew.

What if she thinks I don't care? God be damned if she ever thought that. To be honest, I really don't know what I do and don't care about. This new world messes with your head. I felt tired. I wanted to sleep but I had told Layla that I would keep watch whilst she slept. My thoughts went back and forth, like a game of tennis. I couldn't pick out what I'm actually meant to be doing. Great, I had hell in reality and hell in my head. Brilliant.

I then found myself drifting into a dream. I didn't try open my eyes. It would be fine.

(a/n) Sorry this is a short chapter, I'm pretty stuck for ideas at the minute I've no idea what could happen next :( Still gonna try finish it though thank you for reading up until now xx