Chicken Throwing and Word Vomit

Zach Attack POV (hm nicknames? Idk. Still looking ;)

The floating candles were just... There. And they weren't dripping of wax, or setting to room on fire, or even on an old fashioned chandelier! They just floated like they were magic!

"Woaaaah!"

"This is so cool!"

"WOWZA. LOOK AT THIS! ITS JUST AS IT IS DESCRIBED IN THE BOOK, OH AND THE CEILING LOOKS SEE THROUGH." I glance at this girl, and here Percy mutter;

"Her again??" I decide to just ignore it.

I divert my eyes from the room and focus on a hat on a chair. It looks like the stereotypical witch hat, only the way it's folded it looks like there is a face. I'm about to look away, when I think it twitches.

"Did that hat just...?" I trail off. Deciding to brush it off, I begin to turn until it explodes into sound.

"WELCOME!" I, like many other first years let out a small scream. He then rolls his non-existent eyes.

"This year will be a different one.

Someone new, Many's son

So please, take your attention

And please don't have too much fun.

Will you be Slytherin?

Cunning and Sly

May seem evil

But is actually a good guy.

Maybe you're Hufflepuff.

Loyal and kind.

Misunderstood,

But have a good mind.

Perhaps Ravenclaw?

Smart and Clever

Quite a good student

Would you give up? Never.

Lastly Gryfindor.

Brave and strong

Stands up for themselves

Not often wrong.

So who will you be?

Who is your family?

Alone, you may speak.

But together, we are free." (Look I tried ok... I suck at poetry XD) The first years, including me, stared at the hat, gaping.

That hat just sang.

You don't come along a singing hat very often, do you?

Then, I recognize McGonnagle, stands up for everyone's attention.

"Short, Hannah." The weirdo girl rushes up to the stool, with a way to eager look on her face. (That's not my actual name, don't worry.) The hat, now looking as if it was thinking, rested upon her head.

She looked up anxiously, until the hat yelled his answer.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" She makes a high-pitch noise of excitement, and races over to the yellow table. I'm getting the feeling that she belongs in a mental hospital...

McGonnagle takes a deep breath.

"Julio Ricardo Montoya De La Rosa Ramirez, Esteban" (MWAHAHAHa [please get it ;-;]) some kid ran up there. He didn't look like he was originally from Britain... And he had a little green hat.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" The Hufflepuff table clapped, and McGonnagle called up another human.

And another.