9

Dante

Knocking on her office door he waited for her response. Upon returning from a business trip Dante knew he had to tell her how he felt. He only prayed for a favorable answer from her.

"Come in," he heard her say in her sweet voice.
"Hi Belle," he said in a deep voice seeing her face him from her papers.
The next thing he knew she was wrapping her arms around him in a hug.
"I really missed you Dante," she said with a shy smile slowly letting him go.
He stopped her from moving away from him by holding onto her waist.
"Not as much as I did you," he whispered into her ear seeing her face turn pink as he chuckled releasing her.

"How are you holding up?" He asked still not letting her go when she made a move to step away.
"Umm. Everything is good she said placing her palms on his chest before sliding them to his forearms as her expression changed.
Slowly releasing her he watched as she went to take her seat.
"Are you alright tigrotto?" He asked sitting down across from her.
"They hate me," Belle said as she burst into tears. My brothers and sister hate me for taking over the company. No one listens to me because they have poisoned the minds of most of the employees. The last meeting the board members didn't even care for my suggestions," she cried as Dante moved from his seat gathering her into her arms as she started to cry some more. "I miss my old job Dante, at least then I only had to worry about my boss."
"Forgive me for leaving you so early if I had been around you wouldn't be experiencing such. Hush now my little tiger," he said wiping away her tears before tilting her face further up to look directly into her eyes. "Your father wanted you to run this empire because he believed you to be the only one capable of doing so. Besides these idiots are just mesmerized by your beautiful coat, it's time you show them your claws cuore mio. Make them remember who pays them at the end of each month," he said as she shook her head yes in agreement a look of determination on her face.

"Now tell me any more meetings today?"
"One more in an hours time," she said softly.
"I will join you and you will deal with anyone who gives you problems. Deal?" He said.
"Deal," she said with a glow in her eyes as he let her go allowing her to take her seat.

"Have you had anything to eat? He asked as she shook her head no. "Unacceptable at all Belle," he said pulling her out of her chair and office.
"Dante," she whispered as they entered the elevator before becoming silent when several employees walked in.
"You will have lunch then start firing everyone who has been giving you problems. I have a team on standby ready to take over the vacant positions until you hire new respectful employees," he said in a not so hush tone as the employees turned to them making her shrink back, her back hitting his chest.

Once the elevator stopped the employees scrambled out of the elevator obviously to tell the others of what they had just heard.
"Why did you say that?" She asked angrily. "Now they are going to think I am a mean boss."
"Belle," he said softly as she ranted on about how people were going to hate her."
He did the only thing he could think of to shut her up and get her to calm down.

Connecting his lips with hers he felt her struggle to free herself before slowly giving up as her arms went around his neck as she stood on her toes. They didn't heard the elevator doors open as the group before them stood rotted in place. Sucking on her lower lip he smiled when she gasped allowing him entrance into her mouth. The sound of her heartbeat pounded in her ears deafening any other sound as their tongues collided allowing them to taste each other over and over again. Meanwhile the elevator doors had closed leaving the female employees green with envy.
He was surprised when she pushed him against the wall catching her breath as he looked at her taking in some oxygen himself. Well whatever was left in the elevator, that is.
"They will not hate you. Just respect you for the power you hold," he said as she took a step away from him, running a shaky hand through her hair. Trying to tie her hair up she let out a frustrated cry as he stepped closer to her saying, "Here let me."