A Note From The Authors

In the first book, we showed you some differences between the actual result and the original plans. We realized that those five facts were not the only differences at all! So here are more differences between our thoughts and reality.

1) Some cats in the actual Warriors books were supposed to survive and play a major part in the story. These cats were Susan, Jacque, Rowanstar, and Willowshine. We quickly found out that this was impossible and was one of the factors that led to us deciding to rewrite the series.

2) Dawnkit was originally going to be Susan and Jacque's daughter who ran away from her parents. She would then become the adopted sister of Silverkit, Mistykit, and another littersister called Rushkit. Dawnkit (or Dawn, at the time) was supposed to have two littermates- Sun and Moon.

3) Silverpaw and Bramblefang were supposed to be kidnapped by Susan and Jacque, and Dawnpaw, Troutsplash, Rushpaw, and Mistypaw were supposed to save them.

4) Ivy was supposed to be Lighteye and Jacque's daughter. Looking back on it, this was a ridiculous idea!

5) Silverpaw and Dawnpaw were supposed to find SkyClan and then they were supposed to help us. That is extremely far-fetched, and we decided to take that out.